Demon in the bedroom...

Members online

Cornelius

for obvious reasons I’m really trying to get myself as fit as can be both mentally and physically. Was having a conversation with my dad yesterday after a visit to Bristol hospital and he asked me if I still had regular nightmares, (nightmares would be a mild description) it prompted me to google what I’ve been experiencing and it sounds like sleep paralysis, anyone else experienced it?

Christ pal, is your middle name lucky?
I had trouble a bit ago with sleep......went to a sleep clinic, they told me I had mild apnea.......I upped the excersise routine, and had no bother since.
Lol, I think apnea is possibly from being overweight (but not in every case) I did confuse it with sleep apnea but the doctor dismissed it. It was only yesterday when I was talking I decided to properly research it.

Lol, I think apnea is possibly from being overweight (but not in every case) I did confuse it with sleep apnea but the doctor dismissed it. It was only yesterday when I was talking I decided to properly research it.
Apparently sleep apnea can occur if you have a thick neck.......or, as you say are a fat Greggs loving tub of wobbly lard.....

for obvious reasons I’m really trying to get myself as fit as can be both mentally and physically. Was having a conversation with my dad yesterday after a visit to Bristol hospital and he asked me if I still had regular nightmares, (nightmares would be a mild description) it prompted me to google what I’ve been experiencing and it sounds like sleep paralysis, anyone else experienced it?

Yes.

The trick is to clock that it's happening. If you can do that, you can beat it.

It's caused by the bit of your brain that does the moving not waking up when you do. If you can, move your eyes. It will/can/should help kick start the system and (I find) help you get moving.

Apparently sleep apnea can occur if you have a thick neck.......or, as you say are a fat Greggs loving tub of wobbly lard.....
It can also be down to your tongue or tonsils obstructing your airways, I’ve been having these dreams for many years and went to the doctor thinking I had sleep apnea, but it was dismissed and I just left the idea behind, but today I start looking into it and found all this new information which describes exactly what I’ve been feeling at night.

Yes.

The trick is to clock that it's happening. If you can do that, you can beat it.

It's caused by the bit of your brain that does the moving not waking up when you do. If you can, move your eyes. It will/can/should help kick start the system and (I find) help you get moving.
Sometimes I manage to somehow groan a bit and it alerts my Mrs that I need waking up, most of the time no matter how hard I try I can’t come round and have to wait until my body wakes up. The demon in the bedroom description was because it feels like there is an attacker/intruder in the bedroom .

Sometimes I manage to somehow groan a bit and it alerts my Mrs that I need waking up, most of the time no matter how hard I try I can’t come round and have to wait until my body wakes up. The demon in the bedroom description was because it feels like there is an attacker/intruder in the bedroom .

I've had that too. Abso-fcuking-lutely convinced that something malevolent was in the room.

I still get the odd bout of it now but without the terrors. Try the eyes if you can.

It can also be down to your tongue or tonsils obstructing your airways, I’ve been having these dreams for many years and went to the doctor thinking I had sleep apnea, but it was dismissed and I just left the idea behind, but today I start looking into it and found all this new information which describes exactly what I’ve been feeling at night.
Good luck to you mate. The life of a plasterer. Nightmare all day is bad enough without having to suffer at night as well. Hope you get sorted.

Don’t know if it runs in families but my brother regularly shouts out obscenities in his sleep, also been known to get out of bed shouting about bombs. He was found in his bedroom a few years ago effing and blinding at the television claiming it was a bomb. Once I saw him get out of bed punch the mattress a few times and settle back down again :risas:

I thought you going to post some saucy pics of Mrs Cornelius, what a let down
Get well soon

Yes I suffer from that although not so much the last few years for some reason,
It's a bizarre sensation I'm awake but can't move usually for only 20-30 seconds.but I usually get it if I'm asleep in daylight. Not sure on the reasons I'm slim and not overweight, and I don't have any tonsils , I had them removed as a kid, one of them things i guess.

I wake Si up talking all sorts of b*ll***s

I shook him awake to tell him to put a mac on, it's raining

I stood up and pulled the covers right off the bed ( Si's wakes up all shivery and pissed off) when he asked me what I was doing i apparently said "there's a catapillar! I'm going to find it!"

I haven't personally, but two of my mates have said they get it from time to time. Say it's like their brain wakes before the body does, so they can't move their body, to the extent feels like someone sitting on it. I don't know bout sleep apnea but I'm a dreadful snorer, and have real bad sinuses. Probably doesn't help

I haven't personally, but two of my mates have said they get it from time to time. Say it's like their brain wakes before the body does, so they can't move their body, to the extent feels like someone sitting on it. I don't know bout sleep apnea but I'm a dreadful snorer, and have real bad sinuses. Probably doesn't help
Bet your snoring sounds like the music you listen to! ;)

I got into a wardrobe years ago when I was drunk and could’nt get out of it.The mother and father heard me roaring and shouting and had to get me out.