Domestics and mental health

Does anyone have a pre work contract/agreement style thing for domestics? About payment on completion etc, clearing rooms out etc.

Was reading about a plasterer that does @Cornelius only thing I thought was I can’t see people paying in reality they would probably just slam door in your face

I love telling them “ no, sorry can’t help”......... they say “we’ll wait”......I just shake my head and say “ nah”........

Yes....

I have an empty room policy & accept no responsibility for any flooring.

Also cash payment on completion.

If I rock up and it isn't how agreed i walk within reason...
Is that a discussion you have with the customer? Or do you have something in writing attached with the quote?

No big sites around me ,mostly one off rural dwellings and domestic work, most are ok but there's always one that wrecks your head, alarm bells started ringing when he told me he went through 4 builders getting his extension done arsehole!

i once went to price a job ,bloke told me i was plasterer number 8,...never bothered pricing, majority are okay but some are difficult, but as the years go by you do get to know the timewasters,.....engineers/teachers/people who live in a caravan with black slick combed backwards hair/born again christians ,all head the list

i once went to price a job ,bloke told me i was plasterer number 8,...never bothered pricing, majority are okay but some are difficult, but as the years go by you do get to know the timewasters,.....engineers/teachers/people who live in a caravan with black slick combed backwards hair/born again christians ,all head the list
Most of the stuff that comes through my website is timewasters gathering quotes. If it’s not a recommendation you’re pricing against numerous other guys most of the time.

It’s farmers for me.They think a bag of onions and a loaf of bread is enough.

Was thinking about this thread and @zombie one the other day , had a few calls from customers nothing to bad but reminded me ,all jobs are bonkers lol