Donate a drill

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Last week I was invited to my local college to mainly give a little talk about getting into plastering and answer questions by the students in the morning and then in afternoon got chance to help out with practical application which was great, but since then can’t get it out my head how crap there mixing drills were there and thought it worth a post to say if anyone is upgrading to a dewalt or the like and have a old 110v to get rid of maybe give the old one to your local college as it would really help them out
Thanks

@Vincey - you really have got a ‘heart of gold’, unfortunately, for legal health & safety reasons I don’t think they would be able to accept them.
How did the students take to you?
Were the tutors intimidated by a real spread?

@Vincey - you really have got a ‘heart of gold’, unfortunately, for legal health & safety reasons I don’t think they would be able to accept them.
How did the students take to you?
Were the tutors intimidated by a real spread?
Tbh I was so impressed with students before went I thought they all be a sleep but there was 30 odd there level one and two and all wanted to get stuck and and had passion the tutors are great tbf and have experience I hoping can get an involved more as something to do positive rather than chasing jobs all time , I’ll ask about the drill situation as an back there again

If colleges do not provide the right equipment
That is up to them to sort !
You can get what you want in prison

In college them boys should all be knocking up with a plunger. That’s how it always used to be, so it gets them started off the proper way just to see if they can hack it or not!

Last edited:
In college them boys should all be knocking up with a plunger. That’s how it always used to be, so it gets them started off the proper way to see if they can hack it or not!
In college them boys should all be knocking up with a plunger. That’s how it always used to be, so it gets them started off the proper way to see if they can hack it or not!
Straight in with a 2 bag Addy or their kicked off

Straight in with a 2 bag Addy or their kicked off

@Vincey said it before youd make a fantastic teacher with your passion for the trade!

Your still 100% G** though and can't plasterboard!

Oh any get foooked they can knock up with a podge like I had to at there age!
Yes give the lazy hints a bath and rake