Don't count your chickens before there hatched

Members online

Ftp321

386m thin coat job booked in for a fortnight's time,
Drove past today and someones f****** started it it's like a patchwork breaking the walls up, apparently they started fortnight ago and there's only about 50 m Done, I hope it's all f****** falls off for the c***

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190831_193239_com.google.android.apps.messaging~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831_193239_com.google.android.apps.messaging~2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 410
  • Screenshot_20190831_193246_com.google.android.apps.messaging~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831_193246_com.google.android.apps.messaging~2.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 402
f**k it you cant win em all. 3 times it's happened to me lately mainly down to people dont want to wait. two have had animals in and regret it .
I dont kind anyone canceling it's the not letting you know that pisses me off
Screenshot_20190831-200418_Messages.jpg

f**k it you cant win em all. 3 times it's happened to me lately mainly down to people dont want to wait. two have had animals in and regret it .
I dont kind anyone canceling it's the not letting you know that pisses me offView attachment 39069
I wanted the job as I've done every house in the street had to move work around to fit him in and it was 20 plus Grand

I wanted the job as I've done every house in the street had to move work around to fit him in and it was 20 plus Grand
Haha that text is of a kid I done work for before in a cul d sac that I prob done 70 percent of cul d sac . I just guessed I.d finally been found out lol

Deposits lads it’s the way forward I think . Cuts the time wasters out. I think we should mention before we come out to quote we will require 10% deposit if they want to be booked in

I dont kind anyone canceling it's the not letting you know that pisses me offView attachment 39069
In fairness you hadn't even quoted, and didn't set up a time to quote on the wed just text at 6pm saying are you in lol

That's a great idea
I’m having some pressed concrete done in October. He gave me a rough ideas of price over the phone , when he came out to quote it was the same as he said on the phone . He wanted 10% up front . Not an issue for me I’ve seen his work and happy with the quote and got a receipt. I asked him how many people hand over the dollar when he books them in , he said they all do . I think I’m going to start doing it for all new customers

Cool idea if it works. But it’s a simple numbers game. If one in every 30 cancels, but asking for a deposit puts of 5 of every 30 then it isn’t worth doing.

It works both ways we have all had to cancel or move jobs around on customers part and parcel of been self employed sometimes things come up or alterations waiting for other trades windows is a usual delay on rendering works!

That said, on bigger jobs I ask for 50% labour + materials before i start. Balance on completion. Never had anyone say no
I don't usually give a fuk on smaller jobs but I've turned loads of quotes away that needed to work doing in September and it was for a lot of money

I don't usually give a fuk on smaller jobs but I've turned loads of quotes away that needed to work doing in September and it was for a lot of money
Guaranteed if I f***** a customer around like that I would get a bad rating or review

I always get customers to settle up on materials that exceed £1,000 the day they are delivered on site,
But asking for a deposit to secure contract good scare too many people away I reckon
I agree to a point but I think we should weigh the customer up . I’m pretty good at spotting a time waster , they are the ones we should be asking for a deposit. Regardless if the size of the job . If they take up one day in my diary that’s mine and a lads wages for the day I can lose

I suppose you're right we daft c**ts really,
If you order a car car or settee, kitchen or anything that's got to be made they require full payment before we get the finished product,
I've had to wait 90 days for payment on commercial jobs in the past,
Did you know that if you quote a job the customer doesn't have to give you a penny if you do the work within a week you have to give them 7-day cooling off by law

I suppose you're right we daft c**ts really,
If you order a car car or settee, kitchen or anything that's got to be made they require full payment before we get the finished product,
I've had to wait 90 days for payment on commercial jobs in the past,
Did you know that if you quote a job the customer doesn't have to give you a penny if you do the work within a week you have to give them 7-day cooling off by law
No didn’t know that . Keep it to yourself

Morning Tom mate , I get similar every now and again, can never put my finger on why some people are like this , go round and am polite , honest and even try to make people understand what am intending to do to there property then they treat me like utter scum of the earth , I conclude it’s just there personality, a lot of folks nowadays just aren’t nice honest decent people , put them in an envelope,fold them up and chuck it in the bin , move on to some better people

Just to add

I don't want the deposit paid until about 3 days before starting
It does even out cash flow too ....

It's a numbers game stop F*****g moaning like a girl!

And il never understand all this desperation on texts, never mind uploading onto internet.

Unprofessional!

Move on, nobody's died!

Piss & wind!!!