Don't count your chickens before there hatched

however it is also handy to have stuff in writing
I warn all my customers how rough I am in a text. Then when they say its shite I say I warned you
Screenshot_20190918-000452_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20190918-000650_WhatsApp.jpg

It's a numbers game stop F*****g moaning like a girl!

And il never understand all this desperation on texts, never mind uploading onto internet.

Unprofessional!

Move on, nobody's died!

Piss & wind!!!
Agree ! There's always something around the corner ! Just move forward !

Last edited:
Can't be doing with texts, I'd rather speak to people in person.
And emails without phone numbers given, drives me "almost" insane! Really would just rather talk to the customer/client/mark ;) It is f**k**g irritating though ! Voiceless communication, a step backwards ! Imo

Reduce price for less time
Will they pay more if you take longer?

I would say to customer
you can't have it both ways ..

Did that kind of work in London for over ten years , Richmond and Kew. If the are loaded ( most are, but claim poverty ) then you just give them 2 -8 week scale, ball part figure, depends, on the job obviesly, whatever part figure , per day , it was then for 8 hours = £ 280.00, plus the materrials cost. Duplicate receipts from suppliers.
IT WILL NEVER BE QUICKER THAN FIRST IMPRESSIONS, THATS THE NATURE OF THE BEAST! Make sure they are aware of that too. So, basiclly ball part plus 10% for the buggeration facter. If you don't f**k them about and turn out good work there will be no problems and their friends will start to call you in a sort off " begging /pleading manner" :ROFLMAO: ! But be cool, don't say" you can't have it both ways", they won't get it, or trust it that way, and, ultimitly, they want the same as you, fair job for a fair price , thats it mate! Good luck !

you are either on day work or you are not...

dont ever feel guilty for making money/profit
I based it on day rate for em and said It will take no more then 7 day (it will take 7 days trust me ) as for materials they want it doing in 4 stages . There not stupid so if theres gear left they will put 2 and 2 together.
Also got 3 sides of house to render so if it rains we can go in side so it's a very good job

Note wrong with a bit of honesty
Sorry mate that’s not honestly, that’s just plain stupidity! You Should’ve just given them a price! Sounds like you like the security of a day rate too much, but you’ve even stuck your foot in it on that one.

Sorry mate that’s not honestly, that’s just plain stupidity! You Should’ve just given them a price! Sounds like you like the security of a day rate too much, but you’ve even stuck your foot in it on that one.
I.ll get full price price dont worry. Nice steady job inside . Specially when its tied in to external as well . .

I.ll get full price price dont worry. Nice steady job inside . Specially when its tied in to external as well . .
I know you’re just trying to come across honest mate but trust me they will be up your arsehole wanting you to get it done sooner! It’s human nature when you put that thought in someone’s head.

Anyway just f**k work off mate, turn your phone off and enjoy your holiday with your family! X

I know you’re just trying to come across honest mate but trust me they will be up your arsehole wanting you to get it done sooner! It’s human nature when you put that thought in someone’s head.

Anyway just f**k work off mate, turn your phone off and enjoy your holiday with your family! X
Haha little ens a sleep so have a cheeky one. Pop online while were in room in morning.and night. All works sorted now for when I get back .just need some cheap fags to pay deposit on next hol .

I'm old school I'd rather speak to folk, and sometimes you can't grasp the tone of someone with text.
Agree yo be fair I just lazy . I can post 100 posts on here s night but just cant be assed to call someone bout work

I'm old school I'd rather speak to folk, and sometimes you can't grasp the tone of someone with text.

Yes but a text is there to chuck in people's faces if they start any of the old 'you said'

I always text people.

Just tell them, straight in their ear, not with you on that one mate !

Doesn't matter. Occasionally, people just hear what they want to hear.

It was my great misfortune once to do business with a man who even read what he wanted to read.

If I hadn't had the emails to chuck in his face every single time he deliberately misunderstood me, I'd have been sunk.

Yes but a text is there to chuck in people's faces if they start any of the old 'you said'

I always text people.
Emails and phone conversations to do business, but every one texts now some of my biggest wealthiest customers won't answer the phone but will respond to a text

Doesn't matter. Occasionally, people just hear what they want to hear.

It was my great misfortune once to do business with a man who even read what he wanted to read.

If I hadn't had the emails to chuck in his face every single time he deliberately misunderstood me, I'd have been sunk.
Fair point, just prefer to talk to people, get the lay of the land !

Oh yeah fo sho... But always hit the keyboard when you feel it might be handy to refer back to it.

No, I said painting is EXTRA etc
Normaly email a quote , unless I trust/have done work for a few times. For silly wee patch ups etc I just write the basic job description , my name and number on a sheet from my note pad and give it to them, saying "here you go, just so we know where we are "........Not had a problem ,so far, but get your point, I'm old school though.