double or single paddle mixer?

Members online

legepe

Hi all,
I am looking to buy a paddle mixer... Im more of a diyer at the mo.. and on a bit of a budget.. its for mixing anything from plaster to concrete
Im looking at either a single or double... can anyone tell me what is best?
Ive got my eye on one of these two : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400761616489
Any advice very much appreciated....
Thanks
legepe

The one in the link are just basically poor copy of the colllomix old models , tbf for diyer just get the single of eBay you’ll be able to mix a half or a bag at a time, but just for general information to members the double Collomix xo 55 is basically the ultimate cement mixer that churns through upto 25 gallons no problem, for pro plasterers
At around £350 -£400 it basically can’t be beaten, the rolls Royce of mixers in the trade

697B06FE-805D-4C4A-A4A6-15F8E2F2D76A.jpeg

Last edited:
The one in the link are just basically poor copy of the colllomix old models , tbf for diyer just get the single of eBay you’ll be able to mix a half or a bag at a time, but just for general information to members the double Collomix xo 55 is basically the ultimate cement mixer that churns through upto 25 gallons no problem, for pro plasterers
At around £350 -£400 it basically can’t be beaten, the rolls Royce of mixers in the trade

View attachment 24183

Hhmmm.....still give me an Eibenstock anyday...

I've never seen anyone mixing concrete with a whisk
I did it just a few days ago..coz I’m lazy....used 5 bags of quick set to repair a floor, mixed up in my plaster bucket, it is ok if the mix is a bit wet, a stiffer mix taxes the ( cheapo) mixer,.......but it really cleans the paddle up a treat!! Quick way to mix a small batch.