dry lining corner tape

Members online

How do you mean?
When dry lining the but joints are jointed with a fibre tape that can be sanded back.

The corner angle tape (painters are using) is just card/paper so if there isn't enough filler over them the paper pulls through when sanding.

wondered if there is a fibre angle tape

When dry lining the but joints are jointed with a fibre tape that can be sanded back.

The corner angle tape (painters are using) is just card/paper so if there isn't enough filler over them the paper pulls through when sanding.

wondered if there is a fibre angle tape

why would that make any difference?

You’re sanding too hard then - or put more gear on the tapes. There isn’t fiber corner tape.

I've just started using a spray machine and I'm trying to speed things up with the prep and the sanding down

I do the airless plaster. I use Fibafuse for internals £8 a roll from Belmore. It will sand smooth, but you should still cover it well with the gear. It’s very fine fibreglass mesh. It won’t fail like paper tape as the material goes through it.
Do you ever use square edge board and scrum tape on the joints? I'm doing a small room this way with another coat of spray plaster on top.

At the moment we are using tapered edge board and dry lining before we spray.

I do the airless plaster. I use Fibafuse for internals £8 a roll from Belmore. It will sand smooth, but you should still cover it well with the gear. It’s very fine fibreglass mesh. It won’t fail like paper tape as the material goes through it.

No Tony,

Would you use fibafuse on internal corners and jointing of boards using Megadeco Board? Or any others like perfect finish? And was wondering what best on external corners these days....

No Tony,

Would you use fibafuse on internal corners and jointing of boards using Megadeco Board? Or any others like perfect finish? And was wondering what best on external corners these days....
Yes, and tape on beads as discussed in the other thread.