Eml advice for under stair winder

Members online

Bowlzi

Hi, First post plastering DIYer
I am going to attempt to plaster the winders on new loft stairs.
I will board under the 5 straight treads and think i should use eml and bonding for the winders.
I have tried to search but this search engine doesnt like eml as it is too short a word or too common...
so several questions at once below.
Can any one give me some tips to getting a nice curve and how to keep the bonding from falling out/through too much.
Is it general practice to pack the voids with rockwall to dampen sound?
Should i put something behind the eml to give the bonding some resistance when i plaster
What gauge (if there is such a thing) eml should i use. I have bought a sheet from Jewson but think the holes are going to be too big but they only had one size...
Also general good practice detail advice such as where to finish plaster on the string of the stairs.
I have two winders each with 4 risers
Many Thanks

i put rockwall in the treads...
batten the winders in a fan type shape..
screw the eml keeping it tight.
1st coat bonding you only want to fill the holes.. prick coat...
once hardened you can shape the winder with bonding...

i like to use a paint lid cut into a quater rounder edges which gives a flexi spat.

then skim

Put washers over the screws when you fix the wire. Small midget trowel is handy and a flex trowel if you have one. Use your wet brush to help you form the shape. Bonding coat is ideal nice and sticky. The rock wool is a good idea!

Update. Spent saturday battening, rockwool and tyveck.
Then Sunday wiring (bought smaller gauge), stop beads and some additional plaster boarding to adjoining bit then first and second bonding til 1am.
Today i put 2 coats of multi finish on.
Couldn't do final hard trowel as i was making more dammage the more i did.
Thanks for advice.
Pictures of result attached so far.

Attachments

• DSC_1883.JPG
    DSC_1883.JPG
    862.7 KB · Views: 1,228
  • DSC_1890.JPG
    DSC_1890.JPG
    909.9 KB · Views: 1,135
  • DSC_1904.JPG
    DSC_1904.JPG
    747.6 KB · Views: 1,335