Engineering brick & Plaster

Members online

Server

I currently have a hole in a wall that I intend to brick up with engineering brick. No issues wth this. However I the need to plaster over it. Given that the face of the engineering brick is very smooth, will a bonding coat of plaster stick to it, also do I need to Pva it.

I currently have a hole in a wall that I intend to brick up with engineering brick. No issues wth this. However I the need to plaster over it. Given that the face of the engineering brick is very smooth, will a bonding coat of plaster stick to it, also do I need to Pva it.
Yes
Yes

It's a patch about 10 inch square, looks like the previous owner knocked out a complete breeze block

Sbr slurry cement or egglington polymer stiple don't use pva on external work

Why has it got to be engineering brick?

Good point, if I put in a breeze brick, do I need to render the face of it with cement first or can I just PVA it and then add a bonding coat

Engineering bricks are non porous so bonding definitely and a touch of Unibond wouldn’t hurt especially if the bricks have been sitting around in your garden. If you use a celcon block bond it still.