Estimating Render Materials.

Members online

Wrong section :nocausagracia:

I'm sure it says 'General Discussions On Plastering'.

Anyway, thank yo for your useful input.

Thank you very fuckign much.

1548706438803.png

Don't worry about the cost mate, just make sure whoever you get to do the work knows what they're doing.

Shush...this is a Bobby's job....the Man already thinks I'm a great bloke and he's not spending his own money....it's a band 1ft wide and about 200m long....I might even get myself a labourer if you fancy a busman's holiday.

Shush...this is a Bobby's job....the Man already thinks I'm a great bloke and he's not spending his own money....it's a band 1ft wide and about 200m long....I might even get myself a labourer if you fancy a busman's holiday.

@Vincey had kindly offered to show me the ropes with rendering. When I've mastered it after a week, I'll be in touch

I get asked alot if I render. Only a matter of time before I get on it

Same as skimming though, isn't it?

There's a ton of little jobs that you can do that only require very basic knowledge of rubbing up and you can build your skill and confidence from there. All you need is a mixer so's you can accept those jobs and away you go. Give someone a hand here and there, learn from them. You know the drill.

There's a ton of little jobs that you can do that only require very basic knowledge of rubbing up and you can build your skill and confidence from there. All you need is a mixer so's you can accept those jobs and away you go. Give someone a hand here and there, learn from them. You know the drill.

Yeah, I know the basics and could easily just have a go but I think the timings for rubbing up are critical. I can learn alot just by being about someone who is fluent in it

Wouldn't want to do full houses too much hard work, the odd garden wall and extension would suit me

Will this job be your second , YouTube video coming up Stevie s.c

the timings for rubbing up are critical.

Says you to the bloke who was working in car headlights at half past ten last night. Thing is, if you're making a bit of wedge skimming, gotta make an effort to take the hit making all them mistakes again.....rubbing up a garden wall at 9pm for a hundred quid.

Says you to the bloke who was working in car headlights at half past ten last night. Thing is, if you're making a bit of wedge skimming, gotta make an effort to take the hit making all them mistakes again.....rubbing up a garden wall at 9pm for a hundred quid.

Hundred quid, an hour, right?

Will this job be your second , YouTube video coming up Stevie s.c

I've done loads of little basic rubbing up jobs - as big as an extension, but like @lurpak says, there's a timing issue, screed here, rub there.....and it's a bit like cooking. You need to know what you've set in motion. For me personally, if it's bigger than lash it on, wash the mixer, have a fag and rub it up, then that's too big for me.....one wall at a time, pretty much.

I've done loads of little basic rubbing up jobs - as big as an extension, but like @lurpak says, there's a timing issue, screed here, rub there.....and it's a bit like cooking. You need to know what you've set in motion. For me personally, if it's bigger than lash it on, wash the mixer, have a fag and rub it up, then that's too big for me.....one wall at a time, pretty much.
Did plenty of headlight work when I was young

Tbh Steve you better off using any of the pre bagged renders now a days, even if hand applied they are lovely materials to use , Weber is stocked in a lot of places and parex seems to be too but not near me
M2 price will be upto you

Tbh Steve you better off using any of the pre bagged renders now a days, even if hand applied they are lovely materials to use , Weber is stocked in a lot of places and parex seems to be too but not near me
M2 price will be upto you

Thanks Vincey, but it's s&c to go to existing s&c - I have ZERO clue about modern rendering solutions.

Almost one is a base coat render one is someone supposed to be rendering but posts crap on forums