Ever run or spun with Herculite Hardcoat?

Attachments

• SAM_0274.JPG
    SAM_0274.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 340
  • SAM_0287.JPG
    SAM_0287.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 322
the circles are in the stable block also has cornice moulds for the horses to admire' way over the top/below is the small house ha ha
SAM_0285.JPG

why does it have to be herculite /seems a finish to me
Doesn't have to be at all. I was curious about this plaster as it is said to have a slow and steady set. We have a couple of moulds to be making where these properties would be desirable; a 12' diameter hemispherical dome and 6'square cross-vault (lots of casts required).
I am not trying to reinvent the wheel, just thought if life can be made easier, then why not. Sure, we will be coring-out both moulds to within a dag paper of the profile/rule, but a bit of spare time never goes amiss.

Doesn't have to be at all. I was curious about this plaster as it is said to have a slow and steady set. We have a couple of moulds to be making where these properties would be desirable; a 12' diameter hemispherical dome and 6'square cross-vault (lots of casts required).
I am not trying to reinvent the wheel, just thought if life can be made easier, then why not. Sure, we will be coring-out both moulds to within a dag paper of the profile/rule, but a bit of spare time never goes amiss.
think I would stick to casting plaster use a retarder if need be

You don’t want a slow set , you’re be there for ages building it up . Casting plaster and retarder as already been mentioned