Everyday plaster kit

Heritage Plasters

Hello everyone. I've had a great time the last few weeks learning about the differences between plaster in the US and UK. I've found a lot of similarly but quite a few differences as well. Since I was planning to refresh my plaster bag anyway I thought I'd share a few pics of what I drag with me to the job every day and maybe also get some ideas on a few more items I didn't know I desperately needed so I can convince the Mrs that I need more tools. (she swears I have every plaster tool ever made and has been a little annoyed that I've discovered a forum with a continent's worth of more tools to explore.)

Here's my everyday interior plaster bag:

Everything here goes in the bag.
20170816_210158.jpg

Here is the loaded bag. (Weighs apx 45lbs.)
20170816_210614.jpg

I'd empty mine but you wouldn't see the tools for the dust. Nice collection there [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a van to leave stuff in? Tbh that lot would cover most internal jobs as is........ maybe add a spat like speedskims...... just because you can. Might have to strap it to your back though

Hello everyone. I've had a great time the last few weeks learning about the differences between plaster in the US and UK. I've found a lot of similarly but quite a few differences as well. Since I was planning to refresh my plaster bag anyway I thought I'd share a few pics of what I drag with me to the job every day and maybe also get some ideas on a few more items I didn't know I desperately needed so I can convince the Mrs that I need more tools. (she swears I have every plaster tool ever made and has been a little annoyed that I've discovered a forum with a continent's worth of more tools to explore.)

Here's my everyday interior plaster bag:

Everything here goes in the bag.
View attachment 19021

Here is the loaded bag. (Weighs apx 45lbs.)
View attachment 19022

Very clean... my wife would go bonkers if I emptied mine out the dust in the bag is criminal

Do you have a van to leave stuff in? Tbh that lot would cover most internal jobs as is........ maybe add a spat like speedskims...... just because you can. Might have to strap it to your back though

I use a 11.5' box truck for work so most of the time the tools stay in there. I never knew speedskims existed till a couple months ago and am definitely interested in getting one but sourcing it is hard. I'd have to order from over there and not being able to try one/see it in action other than YouTube gives me pause.

I use a 11.5' box truck for work so most of the time the tools stay in there. I never knew speedskims existed till a couple months ago and am definitely interested in getting one but sourcing it is hard. I'd have to order from over there and not being able to try one/see it in action other than YouTube gives me pause.

It'll be deffinatly worth the effort for you to track a speedskim down.
the blue plastic st blade is an epic tool.
If you can find one they do a 4ft/2ft combo set which also comes with a pole attachment that's probably the one to look for.
@Speedskim any U.S distributors?.

It'll be deffinatly worth the effort for you to track a speedskim down.
the blue plastic st blade is an epic tool.
If you can find one they do a 4ft/2ft combo set which also comes with a pole attachment that's probably the one to look for.
@Speedskim any U.S distributors?.

I'd be very interested if I could find one. I thought I read that the 600mm one was the sweet spot for size. Would you say that's true?