1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Expensive trowel

Discussion in 'The Plasterers Forum Tool Talk' started by Nicm, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

A76D63F3-8E59-47B6-B68F-C3B21402CEF5.png Has to be a mistake.

2. JessThePlasterer

JessThePlasterer Well-Known Member

3. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

I bought a 14 inch Tyzack ready to go a while back.Ready to go allright,into a skip.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JessThePlasterer

Careful now the tyzak triads will get ya!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

The older ones were class trowels.I worked with Welsh men in Germany in 1996 and they swore by them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Stevieo

Stevieo Well-Known Member

But please explain to me what they are offering that MT don't?

Nobody here ever ever says that a bog standard MT trowel is s**t and much dispute about whether or not flexible kit is worth having.

On the face of it, this looks like a MT with a vastly inflated price tag.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JessThePlasterer

Ah 1996 I'd have been 9 :burlas:

8. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

That price has to be a mistake.MT is as good as you will get and NELA premium good as well.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

I feel old.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

oh my!!

I reckon it is just out of stock so they crank the price up till they come available again :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

They can keep them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

Save your money till 2018 mate , I’m trialing the ultimate trowel of trowels atm, can’t say much more than that atm except hold tight for the revolution

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

Fair enough Pete,put me on the list.If it does what I hear money is no object.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JessThePlasterer

Ooooooh!!! :rebotando:

15. zombie

zombie Private Member

With your promotional track road id keep quiet pal!

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. Gevo

Gevo Member

Hi Vincent what’s this

17. Gevo

Gevo Member

Hi vincey what’s this trowel your trying out is it beroxpert? Or something better I would like to know are you still using nella premium carbon

18. vfr12

vfr12 Private Member

Someone has leaked private conversation off air and mentioned vibrating trowel

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

@Vincey

20. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

Come on mate I need to know what you got, not been any decent tools or owt on here for a while

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Chrispy33uk

Chrispy33uk Active Member

Its all about the extra inch...13 is plenty.

22. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

You may well be right there,using a nice 13 by 5 mt carbon all week.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Chrispy33uk

Chrispy33uk Active Member

Its all about the tool...using the tool :D

24. Simon85

Simon85 Well-Known Member

I've had 2 14 x 4.75,both dead now, and rest were all 13x5 Mt's, all stainless though, and the nela I have now for mortar work. 13x5 xtralite is cracking skimming trowel. I wish the nela was 13x5 instead of 13 x 4 3/4. I would like to get a 14x5 xtralite although ,only seen them in ps and spring steel.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

Only thing about the 13by 5 is the handle is bulkier,I just sandpaper it every so often.I prefer wooden handles.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Simon85

First trowel was wooden handled, and actually my current skimming trowel had a wooden handle, but I swapped it with my old rubber handled mt. And I stuck a cork handle off a bust nela super on the old one, as I'm not a fan of wooden handles. It didn't really want to fit, took a. Bit of persuasion with a hammer, but it got there. Lol its more or less. Retired now all the same, in the shed as a spare lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  27. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

Those Nela trowels are solid work horses.Takes a while to break them in!.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Simon85

f**k they are a solid trowel. I've been using it floating/scratching/undercoat dashing from about May, and it's in good shape now, but still not just as sharp as I would like for skimming,although I have skimmed with it a few times, blade must be thicker than the Mt's. They are good trowels, once u get them broke in but it seems to take ages. It's took a fair few ton of mortar to sort than one, I'd prefer if it was 5 in stead Of 4.75 though. Not lie the wrist wasn't keen on it first few times using it but soon get the hang of it lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

:lol:

30. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

hello gevo mate , long time no see hope you are ok , tbh i can't say atm

will defo post up though when i can
    also got some trowels coming from the states
    one is a surprise trowel , which I'm pretty excited about

• Like Like x 2
  31. Gevo

Gevo Member

32. Gevo

Gevo Member

All good vincey mate keep me posted sounds good them trowels speak soon vincey thanks gevo

33. Rossi46

Rossi46 Private Member

Some of these random prices on eBay are so they can keep items listed without having to re list an advert. They run out of stock and put the price so high nobody will buy one and then when the stock is back in they drop to the proper price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  34. Olican

Olican Private Member

Nela premium is a beast of a trowel but my collection of black beauties can't be beaten. MT carbon steel extralite is as good as it gets I reckon, @Dropsalot described a s*p*r*lex as a really well worn carbon and I think he's right

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2