External wall insulation.

Members online

James Armitage

Evening all and hi, looking for a bit of advice on EWI, how hard is it I’m about to undertake doing my house it’s aroind 100m2, I can skim a wall float and skim render etc etc but until now never been faced with EWI I plan to do 100mm then then grey finish k rend stuff.

Thanks

All the best

Mate learn off someone first can be costly mistakes if thin coat systems ie boards not flat ECT 100m a lot for one person how many will be putting top coat on you have to be pretty quick are you using tc15 top coat?

Did the Weber ewi training and agree with the two guys above, still not actually done any work with systems but would hopefully go out with regular installers to get on site experience first before I’d do any even my own house

I did my place having never touched it before and found it a piece of piss.
I used Parex gear, Maite topped with Monorex EHI. I would imagine thincoat might be trickier.
I did do plenty of research beforehand.

I did my place having never touched it before and found it a piece of piss.
I used Parex gear, Maite topped with Monorex EHI. I would imagine thincoat might be trickier.
I did do plenty of research beforehand.
It is harder esp on big areas got to keep that line wet or it can end up scarring an looking terrible

Evening all and hi, looking for a bit of advice on EWI, how hard is it I’m about to undertake doing my house it’s aroind 100m2, I can skim a wall float and skim render etc etc but until now never been faced with EWI I plan to do 100mm then then grey finish k rend stuff.

Thanks

All the best

welcome along :D

Well the house looks like s@@t with pebbledash from the 50s so cant look any worse so I will give it a bash and let you all know when I’m done, got about 3 weeks to revise then go for it any advice would be great or wet lines???