Fassacouche mono

Members online

themucky1

Anyone used fassa bortolo monocouche? I've heard it's decent gear and want to give it a bash on the next job, my main concern is the setting times the rep I spoke to told me it's a 24hr set but wanted some first hand advice???????
C.O.Y.B

Yes. Parex and Kilsaren are slow but I hear Fassa is slower. Great for overnighters.

But a long, long day otherwise. Parex is a on by 10.30 finish at 6pm +. But my lads want extra for working unsocial hours so accelerator it is. 4pm.

I know someone who last week experimented with a new accelerator but double dosed without realising it. Set too fast.

Parex’s dosage is 1 ltr to 6 bags bear in mind their bags are 30kg.

Yes. Parex and Kilsaren are slow but I hear Fassa is slower. Great for overnighters.

But a long, long day otherwise. Parex is a on by 10.30 finish at 6pm +. But my lads want extra for working unsocial hours so accelerator it is. 4pm.

I know someone who last week experimented with a new accelerator but double dosed without realising it. Set too fast.

Parex’s dosage is 1 ltr to 6 bags bear in mind their bags are 30kg.
I used wicked the other day with johnstones and it made very little difference. @Rigsby how do you keep the accelerator consistency in the water but if your using more than 220l on a spray

I used wicked the other day with johnstones and it made very little difference. @Rigsby how do you keep the accelerator consistency in the water but if your using more than 220l on a spray

I fill gorrila tubs and even the customers recycling bin if needed with the same ratio of water and accelerator. Lab tops up the barrel.

Are you handballing? Wickes will work.
I'm gonna be spraying pal, I think I'm gonna leave out the accelerator just to try and gauge the setting times for future reference, if it is a 24hr set as the rep claims that could come in quite useful

I'm gonna be spraying pal, I think I'm gonna leave out the accelerator just to try and gauge the setting times for future reference, if it is a 24hr set as the rep claims that could come in quite useful

Think it will be a late spray for me.

Chris at direct building has starting shifting big volumes of this fassa , aparently as an alternative for lads who don't like k rend that he flogs.
It's getting good reviews all round.

Chris at direct building has starting shifting big volumes of this fassa , aparently as an alternative for lads who don't like k rend that he flogs.
It's getting good reviews all round.

I have only ever read good things about them and have seen them at quite a few shows as well... seem pretty good

Mate to be fair I did a job with this stuff last month and it's s**t.

Takes far too long to dry and when it does go off it just goes.

It was 26c and took from 10am to 6pm before I could even use the h rule.

We did a job a couple of weeks ago with fassa and it’s lovely to spray and nice to rub up. Used it a few times last year when temps were around 15
Very slow setting so gives you time if you spray afternoon and scrape next morning.
Great finish.

Good meterage yeild from fassacouche ,especially as it comes in 25kg bags.
We were hitting 1m2 on good backgrounds at 15mm

Looks like im going to have to wait a bit before I try it, supposed to start the job this week and the asshole emailed me last Friday saying they was going with another firm as they were £200 cheaper! After spending over £250k on a new build passivhuas they decide to go for the cheaper option, it gets me blood boiling when that happens

Looks like im going to have to wait a bit before I try it, supposed to start the job this week and the asshole emailed me last Friday saying they was going with another firm as they were £200 cheaper! After spending over £250k on a new build passivhuas they decide to go for the cheaper option, it gets me blood boiling when that happens

If you win a job on price alone then you prob don't need the job

I have had that so many times. But now I am doing it back.

20180605_083648.jpg
Was hard, but I'm used to Weber same day. Once you get the skin off it's fine and finishes really nice. Not as forgiving as Weber though!

WHat dya mean not as forgiving? And when you say hard was it set or just skinned over?

It was inbetween hard and skinned over.

Weber with the larger aggregates I find easier to finish and any small blemish doesn't stand out as much. In my view

Also. Who wants the gamble and stress of a next day scrape ? In June of all times.

I'm supposed to be nearly rubbed by now, instead I'm sitting here waiting for the sun to fcuk off my panel.

What time was it sprayed on for and what time did you go in the next day to scrape back? And do you Iframe it?

Yesterday started spraying 3pm finished spraying 4ish.
Got on site for 7.

Today started spraying at 4 finished 7. Going in for 7 again.

This gear does sag at 15mm! The first coat was sprayed all at once and still wet enough to flatten in. So be carefull if you lump it on in one pass.

Canceling the job for any reason. Broke a leg sort of excuse.

If I fall behind schedule then a job has to go. Should have done it years ago rather than getting worried about letting people down.

I had one c**t of a plasterer let me down on a big job, telling me last minute that he had done his back in mowing the lawn.