Fecking mental

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Last outside job we did was in January. It's the longest I've ever gone with out doing some rendering and now the winters on it's way we've had one to price up in Hertfordshire, a local one today and another in Suffolk tomorrow. Why do these people wait until the winters coming before deciding to get these jobs done?

I reckon they keep putting it off then s**t themselves when bad weathers coming ...... Been the other way round though I cant remember a nice day in the summer

Better than the sun baking it with hurricane Bawbag wrapping around it, which were the conditions when I dropped a gable the other week. :RpS_cursing:

I know what you mean though, we have 2 mono jobs and one S&C upcoming. Starting to drop cold up here too.

I know the feeling Andy - I've had 3 self builders come on in the past week asking about board and render for their timber frame houses..... All 3 have had the frames up all summer! now the weather is changing and they want to make it weathertight.......

......do it in the good weather - idiots!

It was fkin freezing this morning (well 2 degrees) and I still have 2 outsides to do before winter proper comes along :RpS_crying:
Shittest summer I've ever known :RpS_mad:

on the whole yes,but it just depends, last december was very mild and was acrylicing right up to christmas.
id rather deal with cold weather than prolonged rain. also certain devlopers aint bothered and want you to render in february,so if they sign my disclaimer,so be it.

Same every year for us, working inside when it's in the 30's then as as soon as the temps start dropping, they want rendering doing, mad !!

lol..............I've got a feeling I'll be getting a call over the winter for an exterior lime job, I noticed he's just opened it up about 3 weeks back :-0

It happens every year! Had quite a few calls :RpS_unsure:

Just got of the phone from one now - Its a no goer 130m2 on a old victorian end of terrace he said we were to expensive and that he only wanted to spend £2000 on the out side. I said good luck with that! Facking rendered and painted including mats for £15 a meter

they prob dont want you in there garden during the sunny part of the year, think summer is on its way back its been lovely around here since sat'day

yeah mate i went to school there, well ocasionaly haha, i have to say i usually get the same every year but this year so far ive not had the call for it which is a touch i hate working outside in the winter:RpS_cursing:

I got 2 houses to render and an a extension to K rend....Nightmare, but can't turn it down at the moment.....

why is it a nightmare?
over night scrapes are fine this time of year, steady away puting it on last thing in the afternoon, first thing in the morning scrape back.job done

Last outside job we did was in January. It's the longest I've ever gone with out doing some rendering and now the winters on it's way we've had one to price up in Hertfordshire, a local one today and another in Suffolk tomorrow. Why do these people wait until the winters coming before deciding to get these jobs done?
So it not only us Andy ,what are they thinking ,i always say "would you paint the out side of your house in November " ? they look as to say "err no ! " but can you render it anyway :RpS_confused:

why is it a nightmare?
over night scrapes are fine this time of year, steady away puting it on last thing in the afternoon, first thing in the morning scrape back.job done

I meant with the rain buddy.

it's only a smallish kitchen extension to K rend, would u still do a overnight scrape on smaller areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.