Fermacell

Djr

This has got to be the worst board I've ever skimmed. It was down for the jointing system then the architect wanted it skimming . 2 x strong coats of pva and still sucking its b*ll***s off

Arrrrghhhh !!!
20190508_085837.jpg

Last time I skimmed over this dung we gritted it . The buildings that warm the boards are dry as a nuns fanny.3 x strong pva is holding it back they can shove this shite if they think this is on the measure. Lol

My Sbr pva ratio above will be dry and ready to skim within 10 minutes, will feel like skimming fresh plasterboard and tbf no one will notice it’s sbr as it’s white like pva

Reactions: Djr
My Sbr pva ratio above will be dry and ready to skim within 10 minutes, will feel like skimming fresh plasterboard and tbf no one will notice it’s sbr as it’s white like pva
I'd give it a wet SBR and second coat with your mix , gives you more tacky time if you want, and we all want it tacky lol

You want a weak coat of pva first not a strong one. Let it soak into the board, like whitewashing new plaster

I'd give it a wet SBR and second coat with your mix , gives you more tacky time if you want, and we all want it tacky lol
I meant mix them all together mate even if he just uses a coffee mug for the 2,1,3/4 ratio will be enough for a small gauge or even do that twice it will cover quite a lot of area he’ll be buzzing

• Useful
Reactions: Djr