Ffs

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Hope I make xmas .come back scissor
15450343004483431207747250964752.jpg

I'm going to be honest here yourself or builder should have cut you some ply to span both planks much safer!

Nowt clever about taking silly risks at work, he won't 'remember you when your not earning for 6 months when falling!

I'm going to be honest here yourself or builder should have cut you some ply to span both planks much safer!

Nowt clever about taking silly risks at work, he won't 'remember you when your not earning for 6 months when falling!
Spot on

Had to adjust build couldnt reach as meter in middle lolView attachment 30019
Had to adjust build couldnt reach as meter in middle lolView attachment 30019

Thing is John jokes aside your builder should have that area set up for you from a scaffolder before you start that his obligation to provide a safe working area.

Our scaffold lads would have sorted that for no more than £300.

And If your lad goes down and he's subbing off you your f**k*d!

Not worth it mate!

Thing is John jokes aside your builder should have that area set up for you from a scaffolder before you start that his obligation to provide a safe working area.

Not worth it mate!

Some buzz tho

Not worth it mate!

Seen a lot worse.....putting up timber frames with no scaffold. Always gotta walk on the wall plate on the erecting phase anyway. Worst one we did was building a house on BFO hill. Back of the base was a floor all on its own....pulling trusses off a JCB on full extension 3 stories up and then lug them back over the stairwell. But then we'd have to do the roof with no scaffold cos the boss said scaffold was for brickies. Don't slip, whatever you do....and hanging upside down on the peak to get the fascia and soffit on....

We once did a stair case and scissor ladders wouldnt sit right as stairs were that steep. So some one had to stand on end of scaffold board while other went along it lol

C1D4D6A2-80A5-4ECE-8E4E-045434A45DBC.jpeg
When I was working abroad, a firm asked me “Can I render the side walls on a block of flats?”
Said “no problem” Got to site a few days later to see a scaffold board hung over the side, ropes tied either side.
Weighed down by a stack of sand stone!

Told site manager “ f**k that! Wanna go home alive tonight!”

Last edited: