filling over new plaster

Members online

chief09

Hello,

I'm up against a bit of a deadline to get a room finished and painted.

My plasterer is telling me he will finish the plastering tonight, I should then fill any bits that aren't smooth and do a mist coat in the morning then he will come back and sand the bits I've filled tomorrow afternoon. then I can continue pianting this weekend.

Can I fill over new plaster? If so what should I use easyfill or caulk?

Also I have paint for new plaster which I understand is what I need to allow the walls to breathe, but will that be OK to use even if the plaster is still pink? Finally if the paint is OK, should I water it down - it doesn't say that on the tin, but I'm not clear for the first coat.

Many thanks

Hello,

My plasterer is telling me he will finish the plastering tonight, I should then fill any bits that aren't smooth and do a mist coat in the morning then he will come back and sand the bits I've filled tomorrow afternoon. then I can continue pianting this weekend.

Also I have paint for new plaster which I understand is what I need to allow the walls to breathe, but will that be OK to use even if the plaster is still pink? Finally if the paint is OK, should I water it down - it doesn't say that on the tin, but I'm not clear for the first coat.

Many thanks

He’s not a plasterer

@chief09 he shouldn’t be expecting to leave anything that’s needs filling if he is then it’s highly likely he doesn’t know what he’s doing. If I were you I’d get someone else in quick. Where abouts are you based? Someone off here may be able to help you out.

Hello,

Many thanks
Is his name ANDY, quite tall, slim, very OCD ,only has one 2 hr break ?

Hello,

Many thanks
Should t be doing any filling over new Work

Why should you need to fill anything? The job should be finished ready for you to paint. Contract Matt for mist coat should have about 20% water added.

Hello,

Many thanks
is this a joke?

Bet was a cheap price cos any decent Plasterer wouldn’t be saying to use easi fill

IMG_1262.PNG

John is richer than super spread I wouldn’t mind better they could keep a small country running with doe they got

@chief09 he shouldn’t be expecting to leave anything that’s needs filling if he is then it’s highly likely he doesn’t know what he’s doing. If I were you I’d get someone else in quick. Where abouts are you based? Someone off here may be able to help you out.
Thanks, unfortunately he's almost finished, so I'm just trying to minimise the problems at this point.

Should t be doing any filling over new Work
Thanks. He's already done some, should I tell him to take it off?! So I guess all I can do at this point is mist coat then get him to sand anything thatt doesn't look right. Does that sound about right?

Thanks. He's already done some, should I tell him to take it off?! So I guess all I can do at this point is mist coat then get him to sand anything thatt doesn't look right. Does that sound about right?
U have paid for a finish ready for painting not to be filled before you do can always get the odd bit but not what your saying needs to be done it’s on there now so leave and rub down I just hope for your sake it’s been put on nice and flat and easy to rub down I wouldn’t of easi filled before I miss Coated anyway always get a miss coat on then fill don’t paint over the filler already on Plaster is my advice to you also

U have paid for a finish ready for painting not to be filled before you do can always get the odd bit but not what your saying needs to be done it’s on there now so leave and rub down I just hope for your sake it’s been put on nice and flat and easy to rub down I wouldn’t of easi filled before I miss Coated anyway always get a miss coat on then fill don’t paint over the filler already on Plaster is my advice to you also
Thanks for the advice - sorry just to be sure I understand- are you saying don't paint over the bits that have been filed?

Thanks for the advice - sorry just to be sure I understand- are you saying don't paint over the bits that have been filed?
I wouldn’t rub them down first then paint over then paint over it then see what you got from there filling wise otherwise your have to rub the paint back over the non rubbed down filler which will be a pain

So rub down what’s on wall already
Paint
See what you got
Fill
Then rub down
Then paint away
To be honest think you have been had over really with all this filling

Can we have some pictures of his plastering please and your bum x

I wouldn’t rub them down first then paint over then paint over it then see what you got from there filling wise otherwise your have to rub the paint back over the non rubbed down filler which will be a pain

So rub down what’s on wall already
Paint
See what you got
Fill
Then rub down
Then paint away
To be honest think you have been had over really with all this filling
Ok - Thanks very much for the advice!