First attempt at k rend

Tinytom

Iv got an 8x1.8m wall to k rend, iv done some s&c work in the past with decent results but iv never had a play with modern gear.
It’s for family on a boundary wall so I’m planning on rendering the outside face first which just faced a field so no one is going to see it anyway
Are 15mm beads fully meshed the way to go? It’s on medium density concrete block

Iv got an 8x1.8m wall to k rend, iv done some s&c work in the past with decent results but iv never had a play with modern gear.
It’s for family on a boundary wall so I’m planning on rendering the outside face first which just faced a field so no one is going to see it anyway
Are 15mm beads fully meshed the way to go? It’s on medium density concrete block
I base n mesh . Then 10mm just find it easier handballing

If you are hand balling then as above base coat scratched then 10mm. You will probably put 2 x 6mm coats on so make sure its wet on just still wet.

If it is 7 newton blocks its up to you if you mesh it but if it is 3.5 newton blocks then use a K rend primer or a coat of hp12 meshed and scratched.

K Rend can be problematic with cracking just pre warn your customer.

If you are hand balling then as above base coat scratched then 10mm. You will probably put 2 x 6mm coats on so make sure its wet on just still wet.

If it is 7 newton blocks its up to you if you mesh it but if it is 3.5 newton blocks then use a K rend primer or a coat of hp12 meshed and scratched.

K Rend can be problematic with cracking just pre warn your customer.
It’s on 7 newton blocks, iv priced with hp12 base. I’ll go with 10mm beads then sounds good to me.
So I’ll be needing an I bar, can I get away without a serrated spat or is it worth getting 1?
Cheers