First time for everything

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Started small little job to tidy up and make good exterior first job smash off thistle bonding scratch the builders left.
I ain’t the best renderer I’ll admit but what the hell going on out there

F2A48DC1-B6F1-4760-BA5C-214AE6C0E5EF.jpeg
CCE211E0-8DA2-4D46-B45D-8F3E6D96C529.jpeg

Attachments

• A5E77FE9-E1EC-4097-8855-08ABF88627C9.jpeg
    A5E77FE9-E1EC-4097-8855-08ABF88627C9.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 220
ahhh ok! I thought that looked like bonding (also didn't know what bonding was - thankyou for the definition!)
Tbf boards were dabbed with (pink ) or skim plaster before dri wall adhesive came out , before my time but if I’m correct up until somewhere in 1990s

Tbf boards were dabbed with (pink ) or skim plaster before dri wall adhesive came out , before my time but if I’m correct up until somewhere in 1990s
Cannot remember the name of it but B G did do an adhesive in the 80's that resembled bonding in texture cos I was using it to Dab insulated boards somewhere in Leeds in 88.

NO Vincey .Bonding compound was well in use by the 80's when i started but it was all BG stuff and was gray horrible s**t .

NO Vincey .Bonding compound was well in use by the 80's when i started but it was all BG stuff and was gray horrible s**t .
Last year I ripped off a load of boards at a house built in 90s all the boards were applied with skim on blocks tbh I never knew it was the case back then to do that but tbf it lasted 25 odd years

Last year I ripped off a load of boards at a house built in 90s all the boards were applied with skim on blocks tbh I never knew it was the case back then to do that but tbf it lasted 25 odd years
How do you know it was skim and not bonding compound .? just because it was pink ? AL the gypsum mined in the south is pink but any from the north is grey. Many years ago (1990's) i did some work in Liverpool and the finish was grey . Well it used to be ...