First try at thincoat

megamix

Did my outhouse . Johnstone’s high performance base coat and silver thincoat.
Lovey stuff but expensive and very very messy . Would take some jobs on but i will be picky and start on easy jobs .

Attachments

• D9C4C631-709D-4DBB-B05D-7F1E17152987.jpeg
    D9C4C631-709D-4DBB-B05D-7F1E17152987.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 338
  • A3B97A86-5E3B-400F-90E7-D14E85E9682C.jpeg
    A3B97A86-5E3B-400F-90E7-D14E85E9682C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 328
Looks fine to me ...

I'm doing our first thing coat job next week on a fancy garage (customer fitting aqua panel boards)
Think we're going to use prb stuff as p1 are not far away

Been asked to price a timber frame new build but we'll see how first one goes ...

Well done for having a crack bud!

I’m not a spread, I am the Aquapanel Outdoor Technical Bod.....

I have been to loads of training and demo sessions for thin coat systems... various ways and techniques... all about having a flat background to apply the top coat to, and getting a regular and consistent rub up (or spraying the top coat consistently)

If you want to learn and make a proper go (you said you are a perfectionist, which is good for rendering!), either find a localish crew and spend some time with them, or do a course and find a local render supplier tech guy on call..... Johnstone’s have some good guys!

Good luck buddy!

Richard
Knauf

Looks fine to me ...

I'm doing our first thing coat job next week on a fancy garage (customer fitting aqua panel boards)

Been asked to price a timber frame new build but we'll see how first one goes ...

Hi Martin

Good luck next week!

If you want some help to review the timber frame job and assist with a spec for the boarding, get in touch with me .... happy to review and help / advise

Richard
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

Looks fine to me ...

Only thing I would say is bad about it is how messy it is . It’s basically paint with grit in it . If your working on a patio I’d put corex down and sheets on top to absorb any gear you drop . It’s sticks like s**t to tools too

Only thing I would say is bad about it is how messy it is . It’s basically paint with grit in it . If your working on a patio I’d put corex down and sheets on top to absorb any gear you drop . It’s sticks like s**t to tools too

All part of the experience... you are right there is a lot of prep needed and protection

There is an art to the initial application, then the rub up does not end up with so much on the floor.... this is waste material and cost on the floor...

You are right about the tools, lots of cleaning the tools as you go along...

Give it another go! Practice it get with another gang!

Where are you based buddy?

All part of the experience... you are right there is a lot of prep needed and protection

There is an art to the initial application, then the rub up does not end up with so much on the floor.... this is waste material and cost on the floor...

You are right about the tools, lots of cleaning the tools as you go along...

Give it another go! Practice it get with another gang!

Where are you based buddy?
Mansfield

Roger that

See if anyone local responds....

I know some guys in and around Nottingham, Derby and S Yorks...

Have you liaised with Shaun Moss at Johnstone’s directly?

Did my outhouse . Johnstone’s high performance base coat and silver thincoat.
Lovey stuff but expensive and very very messy . Would take some jobs on but i will be picky and start on easy jobs .
What size 1.5mm ?

If you think Johnstones is expensive you'll hit the floor with Parex DPR price

Looks fine to me ...

You seriously going to render over customers boarding...you want your head looking at. The boarding needs to be bang on. You wouldn’t go over a customers plaster board, I wouldn’t render over a diy fitting cement board.

Sprayed some for first time the other week and it was cleaner after masking properly and less stress.