Fixing up my house

Members online

Wheelyfungi

Needing a bit if advice, im no plasterer but cant afford to get a plasterer in and have got some tools from an old friend, iv watched loads of youtube videos and i know it wont look proffessional but until we can afford to get someone in ill have to do it myself but one thing stumped me, how tf do you do angles that arent a right angle, like an external corner that like 135 degrees? Is there beads specifically for this or do i just wing it? Thanks guys hope you do go to harsh on me

You can get 135 degree beads, skim stop beads just leave enough over for the skim on the other side. If it’s stud work I board it, bead it, shamfer the back off the board so it butts up nice to the bead and skim.

No matter what you think you will ruin your walls trying to plaster them.. even if they are in a bad way! It'll devalue your property if people see it's been plastered badly as there's only so many times you want to or can re skim.

Don't take offense by this, it's not something you can get even close to decent without a lot of practice though.