Flat and Matt or glass ??

Members online

There’s nothing wrong with your work pal always looks class! But don’t you find your chasing your ass! One coating? You obviously fill all your joints out and then do you lay it on thicker than necessary? Just asking for a friend!

just plod around all of it mate.
skimming just about timings.
nearly done 2 estate of houses for Charles church
in between block of flats for Tyson's and f**k knows how many plots helping pull back other sites back on track (y)

Tell me about it! I had to lime render a 200 year old wine cellar out today originally owned by monks they must of been 2 foot tall no head room and couldn’t swing a cat in there! Took me longer to do that than it would to skim a living room out! Everywhere I turned I was covered in gear from the opposite wall I had to pick up some beer on the way home just because I needed a drink after that s**t! :LOL:

Ouch, on the plus side at least noone will ever care what it looks like!

Mine wasnt quite that, boarded over artex ceilings in 3 bedrooms. How anyone could build walls that out of square is ridiculous. Every room was a rhombus. First room was the box room, couldn't believe my luck the room was a fraction over 2.4 wide, thought my lucky day... How wrong I was
someone has been cutting corners.

Last edited:
One coat was recommended to be sponged to bring up the fat. You never chased after universal one coat.
One coat was the dogs , Knauf and BG, your supposed to sponge it. Basically float and set with the added bonus of a finish ! Started getting faster and faster, then B G stopped doing 25 bags, now you can buy it in whickes in 12.5 kg plastic bags for 25% more per 25 kg.
Its good gear again though ! Like the original gear ! (y)

One coat was the dogs , Knauf and BG, your supposed to sponge it. Basically float and set with the added bonus of a finish ! Started getting faster and faster, then B G stopped doing 25 bags, now you can buy it in whickes in 12.5 kg plastic bags for 25% more per 25 kg.
Its good gear again though ! Like the original gear ! (y)
They did universal in big bags pre 25kg.