Garage Wall Render

All right chaps and @JessThePlasterer

I have a bricky coming round to help me strengthen a garage wall and I need to take the existing render off the outside walls...

I am expecting this to destroy the out side walls :D Also looks like something has been living in the lightweight blocks as well.

What should I re render it in? I am quite happy to sand and cement it but figured that it would be a good time to have a go at a different system :D

Also... inside... I want to finish it with was a smooth system... most likely going to be a sponged sand and cement and painted but if anybody else has any ideas or suggestions or something I can try :D

The aim is to get the inside as clinical as I can as I am hoping to build a high end Kit car in it and so I want it to be easily looked after and dust down :D

anyway... thanks

I have a bricky coming round to help me strengthen a garage wall and I need to take the existing render off the outside walls...

I am expecting this to destroy the out side walls :D Also looks like something has been living in the lightweight blocks as well.

What should I re render it in? I am quite happy to sand and cement it but figured that it would be a good time to have a go at a different system :D

Also... inside... I want to finish it with was a smooth system... most likely going to be a sponged sand and cement and painted but if anybody else has any ideas or suggestions or something I can try :D

The aim is to get the inside as clinical as I can as I am hoping to build a high end Kit car in it and so I want it to be easily looked after and dust down :D

anyway... thanks
Jess might be under pressure behind the garden wall, are you putting weep holes in ?

Get some Knauf Ready Mixed Finishes on the inside Danny!

Being Marble based, they will not be effected by a colder garage environment either - Get in touch with @quinns or @Curry for some advise and help!

DuraDeco is a high impact smooth and white finish - I'm sure that you will soon master an Airless Spray Machine!

Think you need to look at what the outside looks like, after you have ripped the existing off, before you consider options - maybe look at adding insulation to the outside (EWI), gets rid of the rough block work and adds insulation to the wall.
Do you need planning to change the outside appearance? or will it end up looking the same?

Good Luck - get someone who has done it before to help / show you what to do...

Sand cement sponged nice.......polished with a plaza as it turns.........
Left to dry and then painted with two coats of eggshell paint, bright white.
It will look like a laboratory....

I'd use a material I can drop into my merchants, load the van up and go, not f**k about with phone calls and wait for delivery's and pay pallet charges.

Bricky came round today :D I need to under pin one corner and then build a column to take the door weight :D

He was soooo cheap and a good bricky... baffled at why some people work for so little but thats what he wants and no point me even bother trying to do it.

anyway... thanks

Dan the key issue is the light weight blocks mate
What ever finish you go for the prep work is crucial as these blocks are not ideal for heavy renders
I would use a microgobtis type primer then sand cement or ocr with mesh through out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd use a material I can drop into my merchants, load the van up and go, not f**k about with phone calls and wait for delivery's and pay pallet charges.
Tbh mate some valid points there , but when looking at monocouche rendering jobs people do I can’t help but think it’s probably one of the worse products to use , I’ve only ever seen 2 people on here that do it regularly and say they would seal every job , the rest just seem to only care about money they get and would quite happily take the dosh then brag to the rest of the world how good it looks ... for the next 6 months then watch it turn a mouldy looking gold fish boil , I don’t do site work and couldn’t stand driving by a locally done job , dying of embarrassment of it looking crap , plus with the Bauwer let’s face it customer get added bonus of insulation so for the extra £30 odd delivery to a job or Danny’s garage that’s why I’d conclude my decision to use it

Tbh mate some valid points there , but when looking at monocouche rendering jobs people do I can’t help but think it’s probably one of the worse products to use , I’ve only ever seen 2 people on here that do it regularly and say they would seal every job , the rest just seem to only care about money they get and would quite happily take the dosh then brag to the rest of the world how good it looks ... for the next 6 months then watch it turn a mouldy looking gold fish boil , I don’t do site work and couldn’t stand driving by a locally done job , dying of embarrassment of it looking crap , plus with the Bauwer let’s face it customer get added bonus of insulation so for the extra £30 odd delivery to a job or Danny’s garage that’s why I’d conclude my decision to use it

What a load of tosh!!
Stick to skimming

I got to underpin the back corner first :D

Been waiting 9 months now for this property to exchange and the solicitor has just found a nice big headache... the freehold is pointless.. infact buying the freehold to one building would make us liable to maintain it... at our own cost!! work that one out... so solicitors are working away trying to make it work for us :-(

Dan the key issue is the light weight blocks mate
What ever finish you go for the prep work is crucial as these blocks are not ideal for heavy renders
I would use a microgobtis type primer then sand cement or ocr with mesh through out.

Its already been sand and cemented... so make sense using that again... I will be meshing it once the bricky has repaired the corner and built a column to support the doors :D