Get into Rendering

JHA84

Hi, folks.
Was just looking for some advice on how to get into Rendering.
I did a course with my resettlement when I left the Marines (which none of you seem to like, I understand) but it taught me how to use a hawk and trowel and it got me a start with a plasterer for a few years where I got some experience.
Problem is he worked for a couple of kitchen companies and all the work he done was internal. Mostly just bonding and scimming.
I fancy learning how to render/roughcast and was looking for advice on the best way to get into it?
Maybe start with a course again? are there any decent courses on rendering? I heard Goldtrowel seem to be quite good? Then maybe free labour to a renderer once ive completed a course?

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Hi, folks.
I did a course with my resettlement when I left the Marines (which none of you seem to like, I understand) but it taught me how to use a hawk and trowel and it got me a start with a plasterer for a few years where I got some experience.
Problem is he worked for a couple of kitchen companies and all the work he done was internal. Mostly just bonding and scimming.
I fancy learning how to render/roughcast and was looking for advice on the best way to get into it?
Maybe start with a course again? are there any decent courses on rendering? I heard Goldtrowel seem to be quite good? Then maybe free labour to a renderer once ive completed a course?

See if you can get in with a gang or a firm as a labourer and start from there. You will find there is a lot to learn if you want to be a true plasterer so take your time get stuck in and use every minute you have spare to learn with a trowel in your hand

Hi, folks.

Are you a 1 man sole trader?

Hi, folks.

@Dansouthcoast84 is howling for a man like you.

Where do you live?

Hi, folks.

@lurpak

trying to eat n u tagging me again u slag

456E1BC1-6216-4BE6-800A-3C5FECB6B358.jpeg

Weber do a basic course but is a good one. You need to get into a rendering gang and preferably a rendering gang that does it all (like me) as I find some only do monocouche and others only silicone finishes or ewi. If you can use atrowel then as an improver not a labourer.

Weber do a basic course but is a good one. You need to get into a rendering gang and preferably a rendering gang that does it all (like me) as I find some only do monocouche and others only silicone finishes or ewi. If you can use atrowel then as an improver not a labourer.
Gis a job lol

Ok, cheers for that.
Thought it would still be best to learn on the job but a decent course would maybe get me started.
Il have a look at the Weber one

Hi, folks.

So you just want to concentrate on one area of the plastering trade?.

Ok, cheers for that.
Thought it would still be best to learn on the job but a decent course would maybe get me started.
Il have a look at the Weber one

The Weber course is at Flintwick Bedfordshire and there is plenty of b&b’s nearby. If you go on their course you will do a bit of spraying, scratching back and ashlar.

Speak to Deborah Rhodes she is the Scottish rep and maybe able to put you in contact with other renderers.

Top man u are

So you just want to concentrate on one area of the plastering trade?.
??....No, that’s the reason for this post. I’m trying to learn more about the trade.
Not everyone knows what they want to do at 16, or is lucky enough to have a dad, uncle, family friend as a tradesman to give them a start.
That’s why some of us need to ask around, look at doing courses when we can and work with more experienced folk when we get the chance.
Cheers

The truth is it will be difficult to have someone take you on and teach you because you'll be direct competition sooner or later. Best of luck though.