Getting drum off Belle mixer

Olican

Private Member
Apparently you just twist it anticlockwise but I can't shift the bugger, took the gear box off but no joy. Any tips or do I just need to get more hands on the rim of my Bell. I ask our lass but think I need a man's hand to pull my bell off ..
IMG_20181031_070928.jpg

Apparently you just twist it anticlockwise but I can't shift the bugger, took the gear box off but no joy. Any tips or do I just need to get more hands on the rim of my Bell. I ask our lass but think I need a man's hand to pull my bell off ..
View attachment 28025
Yeah just spin it the opposite way, use a bar behind one of the prongs if the barrells f**k*d. Looks like it’s lived outside so prob rusted on, give it a few wacks.

But you're a plasterer of inter-county renown? Just buy a new one. :envidioso

BTW. Brother in law told me about someone he works with in Devoncestershire who had a quote from a damp proofing company for £14k to inject and put a slurry onto his cottage to cure the damp problems.

He lives in a cob house. :eek: :risas:

But you're a plasterer of inter-county renown? Just buy a new one. :envidioso

BTW. Brother in law told me about someone he works with in Devoncestershire who had a quote from a damp proofing company for £14k to inject and put a slurry onto his cottage to cure the damp problems.

He lives in a cob house. :eek::risas:

Nearly choked on my Pina colada then ....b b b buy a new one .:eek:. A mixer is for life, I've had mine 18 years and I'll have it for another 18 years ..the drum is a little hexagonal but the engine is sound . Tell your brother in law we can do it for £13k :inocente:

Nearly choked on my Pina colada then ....b b b buy a new one .:eek:. A mixer is for life, I've had mine 18 years and I'll have it for another 18 years ..the drum is a little hexagonal but the engine is sound . Tell your brother in law we can do it for £13k :inocente:

I asked him if the bloke knew what they were going to use to waterproof bovine excrement. :D

I stripped my dad's old petrol mixer to bolts and frame. Had everything powder coated in Belle orange and fitted a new drum. Special (outdoor) occasions only for that now.

I told Mike I'd pass it down to him. He said he wouldn't be able to get it into their office. :aburrido:

Scrap man's going to have a fcuking field day when I pop my clogs. :LOL:

our belle mixer is about 25 years old. when it broke down i took it to the local hire shop from where i had purchased it. i told him that i brought it here 25 years ago, he said oh i see you are not happy with it. he fixed it for free !

Had the same mixer 18 years. It's had 4 new drums 2 new engines 6 drive belts 7 pull cords 1 new frame & 5 new wheels nice one trigger