Got caught out today

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Put 6mm hp12 on insulation panels today and got caught out .
Thought I.d put it on then nip get a sponge . All was going well until I noticed it was drying quickly and I still had to go for a sponge . This turned in to a disaster as toolstation was sold out . Screw fix was next day so I had to go b n Q. So lost another hour and got back to some very hard looking grey base coat. .
Any way I got it pulled back but few Dickie bits . There top coating it with tc15 ( some one else is helping with that) can this go on 3 mm or does it have to be 1.5 mm.

Thought I.d put it on then nip get a sponge . All was going well until I noticed it was drying quickly and I still had to go for a sponge . This turned in to a disaster as toolstation was sold out . Screw fix was next day so I had to go b n Q. So lost another hour and got back to some very hard looking grey base coat. .
Any way I got it pulled back but few Dickie bits . There top coating it with tc15 ( some one else is helping with that) can this go on 3 mm or does it have to be 1.5 mm.
light spray with the hose will bring it back.. or knock up some loose gear and slurry it 1-2mm thick and spat finish

light spray with the hose will bring it back.. or knock up some loose gear and slurry it 1-2mm thick and spat finish
Yeah more or less what bro in law just said. It's not to bad. I just dont know what you can get away with with thin coat
Told me to get johnson as tc 15 is dog shite .

This had been on bout hour and half
Screenshot_20191118-193305_WhatsApp.jpg

Toe of the trowel is the front. Like a foot . Heel is back .

I l know but you always use the heel of the trowel to knock snots off...plus i like getting @John j

Though the your better off using a razor blade scraper for taking thin coat lines out not your trowel

Don’t panic although it’s best to get the basecoat bang on, the top coat covers quite a lot.

Not practising . Got a kid to show me how to go on with top coat and you couldnt lace his boots

I openly said 1000 times I've never rendered as no interest in it, very hard to find a good one to be taught by and working outdoors/weather/massive outlays, no appeal to me.

You post a thread every other week asking about rendering yet your out there throwing it on houses n turning em into rainbows so pipe down

I think rendering is a f**k**g dark art! At this point I honestly don’t think I’d have the balls, there’s too much I don’t know about it, too many variables. Hats off to those that do it

I think rendering is a f**k**g dark art! At this point I honestly don’t think I’d have the balls, there’s too much I don’t know about it, too many variables. Hats off to those that do it

8 out of 10 renderersu are f**k**g shite. Just look at all the rendering when you drive down the street lol.

My hats off to the decent ones,

I openly said 1000 times I've never rendered as no interest in it, very hard to find a good one to be taught by and working outdoors/weather/massive outlays, no appeal to me.

You post a thread every other week asking about rendering yet your out there throwing it on houses n turning em into rainbows so pipe down
I.m not throwing it on I.ll not do a job I.m not confident doing .

I.m not throwing it on I.ll not do a job I.m not confident doing .

You confuse the fook out of me. Didn't your pals wonky garden wall last year, then next thing threw a house on and it come up 2 diff colors? Then loads of problems and issues lol. Better of jumping on with proper renderer until know what to do in my opinion. Each to own

You confuse the fook out of me. Didn't your pals wonky garden wall last year, then next thing threw a house on and it come up 2 diff colors? Then loads of problems and issues lol. Better of jumping on with proper renderer until know what to do in my opinion. Each to own
What garden wall. I dont want to render full time I do it for certain people . The different coloured one I got caught out with weather ..

Big time

What garden wall. I dont want to render full time I do it for certain people . The different coloured one I got caught out with weather ..

Big time

Got caught out again today didn't ya. Shouldn't be telling me out shoe lacing fruit. Wanna artex off? haha. Dunno some block wall or bbq or something at your mates house.

Funny how it's always a mates or builders house and never customer haha

Yeah there’s a lot of s**t out there. I think johns works good though (y)

Rendering always looks good at night. Theres a house I go past that was rendered years ago. I swear, even with the sun beaming off it it's flawless. Will get pics soon . Whoever did that is high end .