Graco APX

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
I know sod all about any airless so anyone who’s used the system can you tell me is this the kind of right set up for a room and is this the right machine for it ? are these guys a good example of how it works ? I’m presuming around the window reveals they’d tape joint then spray too if that wall needed doing ?

If it works it’s right. How , doesn’t really matter. If I wanted to spray plaster so much Vincey, I’ll go for graco . I think @TonyM was selling his not while ago, if I can remember right, so he can give you an insight. I am sure after 2-3 sprays you’ll get the hang of it. And that bauwer gear will fly through :D

I know sod all about any airless so anyone who’s used the system can you tell me is this the kind of right set up for a room and is this the right machine for it ? are these guys a good example of how it works ? I’m presuming around the window reveals they’d tape joint then spray too if that wall needed doing ?

That machine is pointless as only sprays plasters not paint. Get a Graco Mark V.

We don't mask anything and get minimal over spray. Beads are beaded on with fast set.

If anyone has any more specific questions about airless finishes I'll happily answer

#spraingmakessense

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That machine is pointless as only sprays plasters not paint. Get a Graco Mark V.

We don't mask anything and get minimal over spray. Beads are beaded on with fast set.

If anyone has any more specific questions about airless finishes I'll happily answer

#spraingmakessense

Thanks, how thick does it get sprayed on at ? Would you use normal skim beads ?

If it works it’s right. How , doesn’t really matter. If I wanted to spray plaster so much Vincey, I’ll go for graco . I think @TonyM was selling his not while ago, if I can remember right, so he can give you an insight. I am sure after 2-3 sprays you’ll get the hang of it. And that bauwer gear will fly through :D

Not selling mine now. It earns me too much money when I use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mask up as I always use a drywall sealer afterwards, but as Curry says, there’s minimal overspray with the spray plaster. My Graco is petrol powered so it’s always kept outside, and has a 30m hose on a reel on the back of the pump. Can’t see why he had the pump in that small room with him.

I mask up as I always use a drywall sealer afterwards, but as Curry says, there’s minimal overspray with the spray plaster. My Graco is petrol powered so it’s always kept outside, and has a 30m hose on a reel on the back of the pump. Can’t see why he had the pump in that small room with him.

Are they all petrol powered, and which graco do you have ? The same as curry’s ?

Are they all petrol powered, and which graco do you have ? The same as curry’s ?

I have the G Max ll 5900 Pro Connect. It’s the petrol equivalent of the Mk V. It was about £2k cheaper than the 110v Mk V.
Don’t have to worry about other trades hogging the on site power supply. Paid £3100 + vat about 18 months ago. Bought a 2nd hand hopper from a mate. Would recommend the hopper or you’ll be topping up buckets all the time.

I have the G Max ll 5900 Pro Connect. It’s the petrol equivalent of the Mk V. It was about £2k cheaper than the 110v Mk V.
Don’t have to worry about other trades hogging the on site power supply. Paid £3100 + vat about 18 months ago. Bought a 2nd hand hopper from a mate. Would recommend the hopper or you’ll be topping up buckets all the time.

Have you changed your mind and started to spray more now? Haven't been on here for a while

Guys this well worth getting on. It can be trowelled to a finish close to multi in half the time with less effort.

It can be cross troweled when you hit the timings right.

The sanding takes to finish to the next level. I've not sanded before and had no complaints from the decs however when we do we have done all the prep work for them and they love it

Have you changed your mind and started to spray more now? Haven't been on here for a while

Still don’t rate the Knauf stuff . I use 220 grit to sand and the surface feels gritty.
Need to try a different material.
I am a bit OCD with my work though. It probably is an acceptable finish to most people.

It's a difficult sale imo, you have to get a machine to put the gear on, have tape it, sand it, lot of outlay for the system. It might gives you a level 4 or 5 finish but it's a difficult sale to the builders as well. Whereas skimming can be done with a 150 quid outlay, including all the tools you need and materials widely available.

It's a difficult sale imo, you have to get a machine to put the gear on, have tape it, sand it, lot of outlay for the system. It might gives you a level 4 or 5 finish but it's a difficult sale to the builders as well. Whereas skimming can be done with a 150 quid outlay, including all the tools you need and materials widely available.
We make more money and leave a better job behind us. Its also quicker and cleaner. It's not that much of a difficult sale.

Still don’t rate the Knauf stuff . I use 220 grit to sand and the surface feels gritty.
Need to try a different material.
I am a bit OCD with my work though. It probably is an acceptable finish to most people.

The knauf stuff is not the best. Biessier bagar g, Baumit or Tikkarila is better

We make more money and leave a better job behind us. Its also quicker and cleaner. It's not that much of a difficult sale.

Sweet. So is architects specifying this or you pushing it? I take it it's not for granny Smith's Kitchen ceiling

All most all of our work is clients that come to us as it's in the spec or its repeat business from people that have had it done buy us before.

Everyone always thinks it awesome

So how fussy do you have to be with the tape and jointing Steve?

Back in the day when it was all Carlite Browning and skim, board and skim was hard to sell as it cost more.

I tried to sell the Ames taping system more so in winter as by the time the second fixing was done it was ready for the painter. But the new system was not acceptable by builders and plasterers who was stuck in the old ways.

This airless system is a modern dry lining system and is the way forward for those who want to preserve their joints. As for outlay? Well the same was said towards machine rendering. Now everyone is buying Ritmo’s and M tec’s, hand balling is out.

If was still doing site plastering this would be for me.

#spraingmakessense

Where is the cheapest to get airless and still is good.

And how much more does it cost than skimming on the m2. For the material. Tape joint compound and airless. And I'd say the beads are more expensive to.

We tape like this to this level. All tapered edges are done with normal scrim and filled with fast set.

We normally finish a house 20% quicker then if we skimmed it.

Any chance tagging along for a few days when you got some on? Would be different to see it like that than on a test panel

We tape like this to this level. All tapered edges are done with normal scrim and filled with fast set.

We normally finish a house 20% quicker then if we skimmed it.

Blimey that's brilliant, I imagined that you'd be filling out the tapes and tapered edge boards before spraying on the top coat.

Blimey that's brilliant, I imagined that you'd be filling out the tapes and tapered edge boards before spraying on the top coat.
I have that gun it' ok. But have to fill it after about 6 joints of the board. And it's s**t over head.

Tbh I can’t wait to go on this airless demo day in January now ,for the last few years keep watching all this airless stuff from a far and can’t help but think it’s right up my street , vimark have there stuff coming out too and seems like perfect timing,
Fair enough it might not be any good for half the crap shite jobs I do but some of the better projects I could see it being worthwhile, fair play to curry and the others that have spent the time to find out themselves at end of day no f**k*r is gonna do it for us