Green Roof / Living Roof

Members online

Anybody seen much about these systems?

I quite fancy doing one but the cost seems bonkers.... Nearly 1K to do 20m2 roof :-\

sedum plants are the most popular as they are small ,neat and cover an area well.
i am going to be working on an eco friendly property this weekend. a timber frame kit from Finland, loads of glass from USA which keeps the heat in and reflect the sun light.. the property is way off the beaten track as it is a hide away for some very wealthy people. it has a sedum roof but the the last time i was there grasses had started grow on the roof. if i am there on my own i will take some photos.

sedum plants are the most popular as they are small ,neat and cover an area well.
i am going to be working on an eco friendly property this weekend. a timber frame kit from Finland, loads of glass from USA which keeps the heat in and reflect the sun light.. the property is way off the beaten track as it is a hide away for some very wealthy people. it has a sedum roof but the the last time i was there grasses had started grow on the roof. if i am there on my own i will take some photos.

Yeah sedum seems to be the common way I think....

Its all the matting and drainage and water retention bit that is misleading me a bit...

Some say on a sloped roof you dont need a drainage system as gravity works while others say you do...

If I can avoid the drainage bit the rest of it is easy and not soooo £££s

Sedum is great if done properly, there’s some on the cross rail links that “pop out of the ground”, I think all new builds should have some, it would help the planet.

My green roof plans were scuppered when a friend who is a structural engineer came round and told me that it would be a no for the strength.....

SO I have gone a different route... wife thinks I am nuts but I think it will work :D

My green roof plans were scuppered when a friend who is a structural engineer came round and told me that it would be a no for the strength.....

SO I have gone a different route... wife thinks I am nuts but I think it will work :D
Deffo didnt work dan.........