Greets All

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimmeister

Just joined this great forum, Been reading through as a guest for a few days and I am impressed with all the good tips and how helpful folks on here are.
Im from near preston lancashire and been plastering for just over a year now, Mainly working on small jobs and a large barn conversion recently . Can get nice results just need to work on my speed as can only get a 1 bag on max per set and im pushing it at that.
Comfortable with medium sized walls , but tackling 2 or 3 at once I think is something will come with more practice and confidence.
So if anyone has any advice on getting faster , without drinking 6 cans of redbull or is it something that just comes with time..
also some mixes i knock up seem to go off in the bucket quicker than others ,, all with same date and stored dry.
I use a collomix mixer and a heavy duty 30l bucket if that helps.
Cheers Geoff

welcome m8
just keep at it.
I ain't that quick but keep at it and it'll come.
Some mixes just do and we discuss loads of reasons on here.
My view is if it does just be ready and work with it.
Good luck
:)

yup welcome again mate, time will speed you up and confidence in knowing exactly when it stops being 'trowel upable' (is that a new phrase i just invented? :D) will find you your limits of 'spreadablility' (there i go again)...
its late...
:)

Welcome mate dont get to carried away by speed it will come .
I was always told make a good job of what you can get on at least you wont be called back and you will get paid. It is no good banging aload on then having to go back and re skim.
SPEED will come you wont even notice you are doing it . Much the same as when you first start driving after a while you just do it without thinking. CHEERS MATE KEEP SPREADING.

Status
Not open for further replies.