Guttering

Members online

Right I got to put some guttering up round the back of my garages :D the over hang from the shite roof is about a foot... that corrugated asbestos shite stuff!!

Any ideas if there are gutter brackets that have a long reach? Or should I just fabricate something up?

It's usually fixed from the ridge Dan, just like on this pic
Screenshot_20180102-205901.png

Just cut the overhang back with an angle grinder so you can fire up a 4x2 under the roof then you have somewhere to fix the gutter to

yup that is an option... not sure I fancy getting an angle grinder too close to asbestos though

yup that is an option... not sure I fancy getting an angle grinder too close to asbestos though
It's wet enough, only trouble if it's airborne, or borrow a petrol one with dust suppression, mask, goggles, ear defenders jobs done

Found out today that the gutter that takes the water from a small flat room just drains into the ground... not into a soak away just into the mud... the place was like a quagmire. I bought a water butt and will be fitting that instead and then running a hose out the back of the water butt to water my garden or to go down a... errr... hole in the ground shall we say ;D