Gyproc BeadTape

Members online

Are u being serious? I’ve seen it loads of times. See it in older houses lots. Cracks down angles. I scrim mine.

Waste of scrim? £4 a roll. 1 roll will do a whole fucing house of beads lol. No brainer.
Get loads of repeat work, have not seen a single bead crack in any house I've worked in. Can't really understand how or why it would crack. In the angles perhaps going up towards the ceiling but never straight down the bead.

Get loads of repeat work, have not seen a single bead crack in any house I've worked in. Can't really understand how or why it would crack. In the angles perhaps going up towards the ceiling but never straight down the bead.

Maybe they got someone else to fix it. I always scrim beads on re-skims, maybe it’s unnecessary but at least I know it won’t crack as it definitely can when the start slamming doors

Wtf. How could the finish crack along the bead when there's no joint. Waste of sticky scrim.
well technically there is a 'join' as you have 2 separate items together.
I also scrim my beading takes minutes and tape is cheap makes all the difference to the overall strength of the beading on corners....about the first sensible thing I've seen Lurpak post on here,I'll give him that.........still a fkin chancer tho

Maybe they got someone else to fix it. I always scrim beads on re-skims, maybe it’s unnecessary but at least I know it won’t crack as it definitely can when the start slamming doors
Seems unlikely my work cracks, they get someone else to repair it then phone me again for future work. Agree to disagree I guess

In all my years I can honestly say I have never seen anyone scrim a bead. Do you boys scrim chases?? Serious question!

No as there isn’t generally a weak point on a chase as it’s usually away from corners.

It’s just one of those things. I’ve seen to many re-skim angles crack. Not saying it happens all the time but definitely does.

well technically there is a 'join' as you have 2 separate items together.
I also scrim my beading takes minutes and tape is cheap makes all the difference to the overall strength of the beading on corners....about the first sensible thing I've seen Lurpak post on here,I'll give him that.........still a fkin chancer tho

Was about to click agree until i seen the chancer bit. c**t

49CEAD5F-1536-4C23-B93D-39B722B8E7DD.jpeg