Half time additive in board adhesive

Members online

philip mellor

Orate gentlemen,does anyone put halftime in adhesive?we mixing 4/5 bag mixes & wondered how quickly it would go off & can you control the speeding up process by adding more/less additive? Fanks lads

Best question asked for a long time :eek:why would you want to add halftime with a 4/5 bag mix? and why would you want to control the speeding up process ,wouldn't it be easier to mix what you can manage,:whistle:

My reckoning was that I could get on it quicker with finish? I’ve got a garage to board & skim Monday & the walls are really pi$$€d up & will probably need double boarding,bigger dabs than usual & I really need to get it skimmed out the same day,

Pub and beer:fuckyou:

wooo hoooo
20180311_104106.jpg

Hope that wasn’t monkey steak Algeeman!!! Another question while we’re all here....is there any way of beading up timber corners without danger of cracking?? I left them on once,beaded,scrimmed & they still cracked so since then I’ve taken timber off & bonded corners prior to beading.someone told me to gaffer tape over timber,then bead but I never want to risk it!! Any advice??oh & tell mother in law she’s still got some bhuna on her chin!;-)

As I recall the cracks were really bad & im presuming it’s the movement caused by the timber expanding and contracting with moisture from the plaster?? Don’t think scrum alone would sort it mate??

Hope that wasn’t monkey steak Algeeman!!! Another question while we’re all here....is there any way of beading up timber corners without danger of cracking?? I left them on once,beaded,scrimmed & they still cracked so since then I’ve taken timber off & bonded corners prior to beading.someone told me to gaffer tape over timber,then bead but I never want to risk it!! Any advice??oh & tell mother in law she’s still got some bhuna on her chin!;-)

not really.... wood obviously expands and contracts at different rates