hall stairs and landings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

im new to this site but have picked up some very useful tips ... got a job to do on a hall , stairs and landing . the entrance hall wall and up the stairs into the stair well is all one wall , probably about 30 foot long by 9 foot . with the area going up into the stair well being about 14 foot high... its over artex and im on my own ... any ideas !! .... can i use stop bead to break the areas up into managable sizes .. it cant be boarded , the artex sits just off the edge of the stairs...

At this early stage of my plastering career THAT sounds like a nightmare!

I would nt use stop beads bud, you will always see the join.

If that was me and I couldnt do it I would sub it out to another spread.

Danny

thanks for the replies ... ive convinced the bloke to get everything back to the brick ,gonna board it out . my mates goin to help me out .. gonna try that technique out for doing large ceilings . picked it up on this site .. many thanks

If the artex pattern is heavy, first scrape the highest spots, use gypbond / pva, scim it with bonding (consistency similar to multifinish) and rub it up as you would normal floating, scim it same day if poss, if its next day the first scim coat will suck in and worry you, 2nd coat it will be hanging.

Hello Fos,

welcome to the forum,

When I need to put i tight coat of bonding over artex I dont rub it up, I normally leave it as it has its own key.

Danny

exellent idea .. when i was taught the old guys told me that was the advantage of using bonding , you could skim over it the same day .... many thanks

LOL if your in a rush too I tend to knock a bit of cement in the bonding this sends it off lightningly quick no hanging around

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.