Hand on heart

Members online

Is plastering depressing, yes or no, survey
Hahahahaha you just don’t give up!

To answer your question yes, it’s the most depressing job I’ve ever had and I’ve had a few. Cold empty rooms, mess everywhere and alone in your own head is torture.

To answer your question yes, it’s the most depressing job I’ve ever had and I’ve had a few. Cold empty rooms, mess everywhere and alone in your own head is torture.
Mate no the feeling bud

f**k's sake. Give it a rest. Plastering isn't depressing. Being depressed is what's making plastering s**t for you.

If you've done everything people including me have said to do and you're still in s**t state, get off here and go to the doctor.

1506701_635277806576453_9105295964323659207_n.jpg

why don't you get out of it all u moaning c**ts if your not up to it because your attitude must reflect on your work

Getting paid to go to the gym , pride in your work , no boss , music as loud as I want , no brainer

Plastering is like any job good days and bad days, if it pays the bills and gets me my holidays I’m happy, as I got older I stopped chasing the money and do the jobs I want to do, find that works well for me

Me mate whose always worked in the building game ,but last October jacked it in ,went to work in packaging warehouse wanted guaranteed money but he finished at xmas he’s in is early 50’s
You couldn’t talk while you were working
u clock 2 times too get into work
They time you when go fir a piss
If u damaged something u got fill out countless forms
What fuckining nitemare niw that’s depressing
There was workers proud of working fir 15/16 years n being awarded with a certificate wtf !!

My current public sector job is depressing hence why I am about to jump and come back to spreading which I had to leave in the last recession. Here’s some perspective: in my job I have to work at Xmas/new year/bonfire night you name it I have to work, time I should spend with my kids. I ask to work flexi shift so my disabled son has either my wife or me with him as we get no help with him- I get told no
I get pissed/shat/thrown up on and attacked and just have to take it.
I see lots of people die.
So NO plastering is not depressing and is a hell of a lot better than most other jobs so be thankful

How can a art like plastering be depressing. If you can stand back and say I did that. I love the work more than money. But deep down I love money to. But im not money driven. I just whant to be rememberd as the best plastrer in the area if that poss

Yes I find working alone

Yes it is I thing working alone is torture in the body and head mate I see people in gangs of plumbing, sparks, builder, and u turn up to plaster on your own

Yes I find working alone

Yes it is I thing working alone is torture in the body and head mate I see people in gangs of plumbing, sparks, builder, and u turn up to plaster on your own
Get a joey then . I dont mind being on my own for odd day here and there but much prefer it with 2 or 3 of us

It is h
Get a joey then . I dont mind being on my own for odd day here and there but much prefer it with 2 or 3 of us
It is hard by your self but I think you get used to it in the end. Lucky they invented the radio or I'd be fuked. It nice to have a m8 some days to give you a hand on big jobs. On the other hand I'd hate to be whith same labourer every day unless you got a good understanding and if he's good lad worth keeping a hold of.

It is h

It is hard by your self but I think you get used to it in the end. Lucky they invented the radio or I'd be fuked. It nice to have a m8 some days to give you a hand on big jobs. On the other hand I'd hate to be whith same labourer every day unless you got a good understanding and if he's good lad worth keeping a hold of.

I am happy enough working on my own, but I do find that the work of two men is more than twice the work of one.