Hand on heart

I am happy enough working on my own, but I do find that the work of two men is more than twice the work of one.
Just got to be sensible jut take jobs you can handle by your self. Pace your self and if you get big gable end or a 30ft ceiling just ask a m8 for a hand.

Job i was on today there was 3’other spreads skimming a big loft conversion. They was having a right laugh while i skimmed alone downstairs. Made me realise it is a bit depressing on your own.

Just got to be sensible jut take jobs you can handle by your self. Pace your self and if you get big gable end or a 30ft ceiling just ask a m8 for a hand.

It's not so much realistic sets ....I been painting today but I've been skiving and having quite a few brews. The job is done and it's done well, but if I'm brutally honest, I could've done it in half the time that I did.

It's not so much realistic sets ....I been painting today but I've been skiving and having quite a few brews. The job is done and it's done well, but if I'm brutally honest, I could've done it in half the time that I did.
Funnly enough m8 that what I've been doing last 4 days. Love to do bit of painting pherputic lol here and ther change from plastering every day. Gives your body a rest from the hard graft

Job i was on today there was 3’other spreads skimming a big loft conversion. They was having a right laugh while i skimmed alone downstairs. Made me realise it is a bit depressing on your own.
Couldn’t u join in with the crack like throw some buckets of water over them ??

My current public sector job is depressing hence why I am about to jump and come back to spreading which I had to leave in the last recession. Here’s some perspective: in my job I have to work at Xmas/new year/bonfire night you name it I have to work, time I should spend with my kids. I ask to work flexi shift so my disabled son has either my wife or me with him as we get no help with him- I get told no
I get pissed/shat/thrown up on and attacked and just have to take it.
I see lots of people die.
So NO plastering is not depressing and is a hell of a lot better than most other jobs so be thankful
What's up with your son. If u don't mind me asking.

The child isn’t the problem, it’s the ignorance you come across. Spent today having the “discipline your child stares” as he shouts cos he can’t speak. Great making people look like T***s when you correct them!

The child isn’t the problem, it’s the ignorance you come across. Spent today having the “discipline your child stares” as he shouts cos he can’t speak. Great making people look like T***s when you correct them!
f**k them mate narrow minded idiots

Job i was on today there was 3’other spreads skimming a big loft conversion. They was having a right laugh while i skimmed alone downstairs. Made me realise it is a bit depressing on your own.[/QUO
How come your on a job with a different gang there as well ?

@Ritch they are doing the loft conversion only. I was doing the other stuff. They took my number tho as always looking for spreads
I get that some times they hire a firm to do the new work and the customer has got me in to plaster the rest of house.

It’s bloody hard but wouldn’t be without him
My brothers girlfriend has a son who was brain damaged when she was giving birth. They squeezed the forceps too hard when trying to get him out and like you she gets no support whatsoever. Some days she has to stay up 24 hours between work and caring for him. He’s a cracking lad though, always puts a smile on your face.

My brothers girlfriend has a son who was brain damaged when she was giving birth. They squeezed the forceps too hard when trying to get him out and like you she gets no support whatsoever. Some days she has to stay up 24 hours between work and caring for him. He’s a cracking lad though, always puts a smile on your face.
It changes your outlook I tell u that, makes spreading a bit of an escape to be honest!