Hardwall vs dot and dab

No, the wall needs to come out 25mm irrespective of that. That's just a photo to show how not flat it is! I don't know whether to bring that up or wait and see what it looks like with hardwall on. I don't understand plastering but to me, seems logical to make it flat on all the layers, seems like you'd be making it hard work for yourself otherwise.

No, the wall needs to come out 25mm irrespective of that. That's just a photo to show how not flat it is! I don't know whether to bring that up or wait and see what it looks like with hardwall on. I don't understand plastering but to me, seems logical to make it flat on all the layers, seems like you'd be making it hard work for yourself otherwise.
Yeah on a flat block wall you're right but if it's onto old stone it may have been way out so building it out flat may not have been possible in one layer. Not really sure why you'd sand and cement it to then board or hardwall over the top though tbh. I'd just let him know your concerns and see what he says. You don't want him to completely finish it then you have an argument on your hands as you don't want to pay for it

Sand and cement onto brick. I didn't put a flat edge onto it before but judging by the rest of the house, I'd be surprised if it was flat before.

It's one of those things where I don't know what to say. Last plasterer, all I did was politely ask if he could come look at the wall he'd done (the one that's being redone) and he told me I was out of order and never came back. Don't want to risk doing the same with this new guy but like you said, easier to fix now.

Think he's using hardwall because he was oblivious the wall had to come out another 25mm, he had skimming beads on and window reveals cut in ready to skim!!! He told me cracking less likely if he uses hardwall instead of c&m?