Has anyone done an internal curved wall with tc15 or something similar??

Members online

Marv19

Good evening people.
I'm in the process of plastering a water well in someone's front room . To be honest it looks pretty cool . I've just primed it today & going to top it tomorrow . Has anyone rubbed up thin coat on an internal radius before ? Ive made myself a curved float from a thin piece of plastic & attached to an old trowel handle . Any thoughts??? Thanks

Reactions: Djr
Good evening people.
I'm in the process of plastering a water well in someone's front room . To be honest it looks pretty cool . I've just primed it today & going to top it tomorrow . Has anyone rubbed up thin coat on an internal radius before ? Ive made myself a curved float from a thin piece of plastic & attached to an old trowel handle . Any thoughts??? Thanks
Spray it

Good evening people.

Upload some pics... I would be interested to see how that looks... never heard of a water well in a front room before

Hi people . Thanks for your interest & input , its appreciated (y).
I didn't end up doing it today ( wimped -out ) got caught up with other jobs .
Defo doing it tomorrow morning so I will take some pics and upload after work . Thanks again

i have seen internal well before built up and finished with a glass table top . all lite up on the sides of the well.
you will need to sleep for 1 night with your arm wrapped around a piss pot to give you correct swing with the trowel !

. Good shout mate . Sounds very similar ,glass top & colour changing lights. Was the one you saw plastered ?

@Marv19
15741990006793077537440268178917.jpg

Attachments

• 20191107_095601.jpg
    20191107_095601.jpg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 20191120_114801.jpg
    20191120_114801.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 174
  • 20191120_151010.jpg
    20191120_151010.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 146
  • 20191121_110548.jpg
    20191121_110548.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 162
  • 20191121_155120.jpg
    20191121_155120.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 176
The job up to now ! Not my idea ! I'm just doing the job . More money than sense some people .
Did an extension knock down , adjoining chimney wall out to have one big kitchen diner , posh customers , wanted to put in underground wine cooler ( didn't go for it ) , have you seen the prices they charge for retro fit , makes you wonder if normal building projects are worth the hassle to earn a living

Did an extension knock down , adjoining chimney wall out to have one big kitchen diner , posh customers , wanted to put in underground wine cooler ( didn't go for it ) , have you seen the prices they charge for retro fit , makes you wonder if normal building projects are worth the hassle to earn a living
Just finished a job with an underground wine cooler spiral staircase in the kitchen I think it was around 40K

Just finished a job with an underground wine cooler spiral staircase in the kitchen I think it was around 40K
Sounds great any pics , this didn't have the room for much , shame though wanted it sunk below table as we'd dug floor out for new foundations and pipework would only have cost a few hundred , it's always my overenthusiastic approach that puts them off , my missus says I do it on purpose lol , on line quotes of £3k for retro fit , to store a couple of crates ffs

Sounds great any pics , this didn't have the room for much , shame though wanted it sunk below table as we'd dug floor out for new foundations and pipework would only have cost a few hundred , it's always my overenthusiastic approach that puts them off , my missus says I do it on purpose lol , on line quotes of £3k for retro fit , to store a couple of crates ffs
I'll ask the builder to send me a photo I was doing the rendering so only has a nose at it I think they said it holds 1000 bottles

They was taking the piss and saying the man thinks himself a bond villain and he will fill it with lambrini
Gotta laugh at some customers taste and disproportionate sense of value , we did upstairs bathroom for the same customer the year before , tiled floor , claw foot bath , the bloke raves his Italian sense of style and design , plaster work done with mm perfect tramlines , no wall tiles and paid for imported Italian wallpaper and flew a bloke over to stick it up , looked s**t

Gotta laugh at some customers taste and disproportionate sense of value , we did upstairs bathroom for the same customer the year before , tiled floor , claw foot bath , the bloke raves his Italian sense of style and design , plaster work done with mm perfect tramlines , no wall tiles and paid for imported Italian wallpaper and flew a bloke over to stick it up , looked s**t
This one with the wine cellar that I did was a cow shed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191121_223507_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20191121_223507_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20191118_221213_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20191118_221213_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20191121_223517_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20191121_223517_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Djr
This one with the wine cellar that I did was a cow shed
Farm buildings have come on a long way , stopped rendering 30 y ago , most of them were so tight they wouldn't even paint them , did a few one coat then tickle over with Tyrolean , moved indoors to start skimming and rendering started paying good money , storey if my life

Farm buildings have come on a long way , stopped rendering 30 y ago , most of them were so tight they wouldn't even paint them , did a few one coat then tickle over with Tyrolean , moved indoors to start skimming and rendering started paying good money , storey if my life
I wouldn't miver yourself too much mate the f****** weather s***

we have recently been on a similar job.
all in face brickwork. a spiral staircase that turned into a tunnel ceiling to a wine cellar . the bricklayer had to cut every brick in half to form the shape. he won an architect award for the craftsmanship.