Have no clue if I'm approaching this learning curve right!

CC12

Hi all,
Well I've just plastered my first wall (sort of). Synopsis is I didn't like tiles in kitchen, so I did the following and now need to make sure I'm not screwing my end result because of the crazy layers:
1. Painted tiles with a universal paint (have used same paint many a times in decorating so love the product) but still didn't like thekitchen with painted tiles.
2.) found something similar to mircocement at diy store. Hella expensive but was color I was after and looked durable on display. It was actually awful. Took 5 coats on a .25m2 area to look halfway decent. Started hating life thinking of the rest of the walls.
3.)decided to go the plaster and paint way.
(This is where I'm unsure if my corrective steps are right or not)
Since tiles were covered with a gritty cement like substance I decided not to put a bonder on top (most of them). Bought the skim coat by GP and for some reason a tub of premade "light" jointing compound bc shop worker said that people use that to skim . Thought I'd keep it as a backup.
Also bought GP bonding plaster.
Put the bonding plaster on one area but it dried out in the bucket. So only got it on a small area. Then partner mixed the GP skim coat but put in the water suggested for the bonding so essentially ruined it. Soooo was left to use the premixed shite that I was sold. Big mistake. Cracks and not bound to the bonding at all. You can see pics. Now there was areas that had thicker original "mircocement" I didn't use bonding plaster on, that I skimmed with same shite premix when I was doing the other area. Not so many cracks on this but an absolute b*ll***s finish.
Then I re bought bonding plaster and skim plaster and did one wall properly (looks scratchy but it actually has a nice smooth finish). Now I want them all to look like that. So we sanded the other stuff (premixed shite) off down to either the mircocement or the bonding. Next we are gonna get dust off the walls and then blue grit all of it. Then on the wall with partial bonding, I'm going to finish the bonding off but the walls without I was hoping just to skim with skimcoat over the bluegrit? Reason being because the walls without it are already too proud and adding thick bonding plus skim is gonna bring it WAY far out.
Does any of this sound reasonable?

Attachments

• Have no clue if I'm approaching this learning curve right!
    IMG-20240523-WA0012.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 62
    IMG-20240523-WA0020.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 60
    IMG20240522194147.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
    IMG20240521222514.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60