1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Heart attack at 32

Discussion in 'Plasterers Health and Wellbeing' started by Tinytom, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

Got a phone call early doors Sunday morning from my uncle saying my cousin who I work with was in a coma, he’s had a heart attack as he was driving his car Saturday night, luckily there was an ambulance passing and they got to him just in time his heart stopped beating for 4 minuets before they got him going again. Just goes to show be grateful for what you’ve got enjoy everyday because you never know what’s around the corner. All the best

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I'm 32, high blood pressure, smoke and drink like a fish... Makes you think

3. gps

gps Private Member

Does it though ? You still do it

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I only read it 5 minutes ago you donkey, give me time Gordon, I've not even had a fag and a beer yet

• Funny Funny x 13
  5. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

32, I've got a trowel older than that!
    Seriously though, give him our best.

• Like Like x 1
  6. johniosaif

johniosaif Private Member

Best wishes to the lad

7. Simon85

Simon85 Well-Known Member

Jeezus. I'm nearly 33 now, though pretty much off the smokes 2 years, and don't drink a hell of a lot. Few casuals in the house most weekends, no real sessions.

8. zolco

zolco Private Member

Speedy recovery to tinytoms cuz

9. gps

gps Private Member

Are you seriously suggesting you wasn’t aware of the affects ?

10. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

Until that message I had no idea of the affects of stress, smoking and alcohol

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I was so naive

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Are we just seeing a lot more heart attacks/strokes in younger people or is it just more publicised

• Like Like x 2
  13. gps

gps Private Member

If vincey said that I may have unusually believed him, but you never lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. johniosaif

johniosaif Private Member

Unifinish naive

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

That’s the worst thing about it. He doesn’t drink doesn’t smoke he gets plenty of exercise walking dogs etc, his diet isn’t the best in the world but he’s not overweight at all, just came out the blue

16. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

Believe it or not Gordon I’m one of the more intelligently ones on here

Hope your cousin recovers soon @Tinytom

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  17. gps

gps Private Member

I do not doubt it buddy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Simon85

Underlying cardiac issues maybe, sure we have seen footballers and sports people suffer them over the years too, very fit young men last ud expect to take a heart attack. f**k*d up how it works at times mate

19. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

The hospital have mentioned it looks like the same thing that happened to the footballers. Fingers crossed he’ll pull through and get out the coma so we can find out

• Like Like x 2
  20. zolco

zolco Private Member

My mates son moved to Leicester from herts, never smoked or drank anything, went to play footie one evening, collapsed on the pitch on his first week away. Died at 28. They did found some heart problems, but noone was aware of it before post mortem

21. Simon85

There's been a few young lads it's happened to here playing gaa. Young teens with whole lives ahead them and they drop. Dead playing a football match. Sad

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

Intelligently hahahaha if you wasn't so thick that would be genius lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Irish John

Irish John Active Member

All the best to your cousin @Tinytom

24. stuart23

stuart23 Private Member

Where have you been hiding? Get on that checkatrade thread and explain your glorious fee charging leads finder

25. gps

gps Private Member

What the fu ck are you on about lol ?

26. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

1 in 4 people have a hole in their heart, things is most people don’t even know they’ve got it until something happens. I’ve got a pfo which is a valve in my heart that hasn’t sealed shut.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  27. JessThePlasterer

JessThePlasterer Well-Known Member

Can they do something about it bud?

28. Cornelius

When we are in mothers womb we have a valve in our heart that passes oxygen around because we can’t breathe through our lungs in the womb, shortly after birth this valve is supposed to seal shut but in 25% of people the valve doesn’t close properly.

• Useful Useful x 1
  29. JessThePlasterer

JessThePlasterer Well-Known Member

So what does this mean for those people?

30. Tinytom

Tinytom Active Member

sounds similar to what’s happened to him, they’ve said it’s a valve and because it’s not been doing the right thing his heart has been pumping harder than it should so it’s enlarged and he may well have been born with it

31. Cornelius

Well in my case the valve let a blood clot slip through before it could get filtered by the lungs so I had a stroke, most people will just go about their lives and not be affected and won’t even realise.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  32. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Kinell people........this s**t it serious......a quarter of the population might have this?.....
    That’s crap.

• Funny Funny x 1
  33. Cornelius

It’s normally pretty harmless but yeah there will be many people on the forum alone that will have it, my children might have it and my stroke consultant said he could possibly have it too.

34. BostonPlastering

BostonPlastering New Member

That's awful. Thank God for that ambulance passing by. We are nothing but a breath.

35. Rossi46

Rossi46 Private Member

I had an episode in my 20’s. Working hard and partying hard. Went light headed, left arm tingling and didn’t feel good. Was diagnosed with left ventricular hypertophy and atrial fibrillation. They put me on beta blockers in my 20’s FFS.
    They said binge drinking is a big cause of AF nowadays. Not sure how I ended up with an enlarged left ventricle. A lot of endurance athletes have the same though. I’ve always trained long and hard. Long distance mountain biking and road biking. Maybe it’s just that.
    Those two conditions combined do put me at risk of dropping dead. Not much I can do about it but look after myself.

Hope he comes round and get back to full health @Tinytom
    He was so lucky that ambulance was there!