Hello folks, I joined for advice, tips & good banter.

Members online

GraemeB

My name is Graeme, 48, changing my career.
I went out with one of my pals to a large plastering job as a second man to help around cleaning tools, buckets, etc to working daily for 6 years ...
We parted ours ways (still great friends)
Anyway 3 years later (now), Im back doing some handy work & was asked could I plaster if supplied with the tools & materials... I accepted the job .. small bathroom ,hall & some feathering in. Completed the job, (after sanding & filling the odd marks)

After many wasted career years I've finally found a job I get great satisfaction from, Looking forward to reading the forum and starting late in the trade.

Welcome.Sorry to be the first to tell you but you’re too old to be starting plastering.Just being honest.

come back in a year and post your experiences,..........awkward,nasty,ignorant ,hard to please customers,....electricians,..engineers /teachers,.....non payers/late payers,......the stardust will have gone from your job satisfaction,......anyhoooooooooo its maybe just grumpy,realistic me

I went out with one of my pals to a large plastering job as a second man to help around cleaning tools, buckets, etc to working daily for 6 years ...
Anyway 3 years later (now), Im back doing some handy work & was asked could I plaster if supplied with the tools & materials... I accepted the job .. small bathroom ,hall & some feathering in. Completed the job, (after sanding & filling the odd marks)

After many wasted career years I've finally found a job I get great satisfaction from, Looking forward to reading the forum and starting late in the trade.
Oh great we need more people like you joining the trade.

What tools was you supplied with?? Asking for a friend.

Welcome along :D

Welcome