Hello to everyone but also need advice

Members online

Musicmad5

Hello everyone,
I’m not a plasterer and apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum/thread bit just looking for advice.

Recently got a lot of work done by a building firm. Walls were stripped back to the original brick and insulated, plastered and painted. I only noticed after the paintwork was done that the finish on the plaster was dreadful. Got a stove put in prior to the painting and the caulking around the mantlepiece is about an inch thick on one side (which I only noticed the other day as the painter had painted the caulking the same colour of the room) which made me wonder if the wall was off. Walls are not plumb and the level is off everywhere as I bought a level to check. The plasterwork around the windows the walls are thick at the top and thin at the bottom. Clearly no level was used by the plasterer. Kitchen fitter said he had an awful time trying to make the cabinets fit and said the finish on the plasterwork is substandard and he wouldn’t be happy if that was him. Only when I looked with proper light did I notice the walls look like the crater of the moon everywhere. There’s no smooth finish anywhere in any corner even. Clumps of plaster in corners etc. Scrim and beading mesh showing through in places. I said it to the builder and he looked and didn’t think there was anything wrong and said it was up to the painter to fill and sand things down. I told him what the kitchen fitter said and his words were ‘What was he looking for...perfection’? Now I’m wondering If I’m being too fussy. I have paid a huge sum of money for all the work that was done and now I have to live with this. Just wondering what I should do?

Hello everyone,
I’m not a plasterer and apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum/thread bit just looking for advice.

Recently got a lot of work done by a building firm. Walls were stripped back to the original brick and insulated, plastered and painted. I only noticed after the paintwork was done that the finish on the plaster was dreadful. Got a stove put in prior to the painting and the caulking around the mantlepiece is about an inch thick on one side (which I only noticed the other day as the painter had painted the caulking the same colour of the room) which made me wonder if the wall was off. Walls are not plumb and the level is off everywhere as I bought a level to check. The plasterwork around the windows the walls are thick at the top and thin at the bottom. Clearly no level was used by the plasterer. Kitchen fitter said he had an awful time trying to make the cabinets fit and said the finish on the plasterwork is substandard and he wouldn’t be happy if that was him. Only when I looked with proper light did I notice the walls look like the crater of the moon everywhere. There’s no smooth finish anywhere in any corner even. Clumps of plaster in corners etc. Scrim and beading mesh showing through in places. I said it to the builder and he looked and didn’t think there was anything wrong and said it was up to the painter to fill and sand things down. I told him what the kitchen fitter said and his words were ‘What was he looking for...perfection’? Now I’m wondering If I’m being too fussy. I have paid a huge sum of money for all the work that was done and now I have to live with this. Just wondering what I should do?
I assume you paid the builder for the plastering and he's happy with the hard earned profit from subbing to the cheapest he could get , I also assume you inspected his previous work and was happy with the quality of his work , so what's gone wrong

Hello everyone,

God theres some clowns out there

Welcome to the site

Add some pics please
whereabouts in the UK are you....may be someone nearby to you on the site who can take a look ?