Hello to my Reno hell

Renohell

Hello,
47 year old farming housewife. Live in a really rural area (we have not one single mile of motorway in the county) where it’s exceptionally hard to get trades, so I decided to learn to do some stuff myself. Been here 25 years and trades are still woefully hard to come by and even less likely to turn up.

Did an evening plaster and rendering course at a collage (nothing is local here so it was a 3 hour return commute to get there) 10 weeks of 3 hours a week teaching.
Turns out I really enjoyed it and I’m not horrific at it either. Just about to undertake a full renovation of the house. I know I’m not a professional, I realise obviously a professional would do it faster and much better than me, but, I’m doing it and that’s the end of it, so……. I have also included my last wall from collage….

Attachments

• Hello to my Reno hell
    9DFC2C5E-A7A6-4428-89FC-F60700942DC5.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
You do your house like that it'll definitely look 'country'.

A lot of cottages and old farmers houses have finishes like that.

Hello,
47 year old farming housewife. Live in a really rural area (we have not one single mile of motorway in the county) where it’s exceptionally hard to get trades, so I decided to learn to do some stuff myself. Been here 25 years and trades are still woefully hard to come by and even less likely to turn up.

Did an evening plaster and rendering course at a collage (nothing is local here so it was a 3 hour return commute to get there) 10 weeks of 3 hours a week teaching.
Turns out I really enjoyed it and I’m not horrific at it either. Just about to undertake a full renovation of the house. I know I’m not a professional, I realise obviously a professional would do it faster and much better than me, but, I’m doing it and that’s the end of it, so……. I have also included my last wall from collage….

Just keep at it, and try and stick to one room at a time, otherwise it’ll get miserable.

Obviously plan ahead with regards to electrics/plumbing etc.

Hello,

That’s not finished though??