Hello!

XtianAudio

Hi! Great to be here.

Been honing my DIY plastering skills on our first house. My background is in audio electronics & set building for live events. Always enjoyed getting hands on with stuff that’s within my ability to learn and do safely!

So far I’ve plastered the kitchen & hallway, overboarded and tape & jointed all my ceilings, and used the paper & metal corner tape with easi fill as none of them had angle bead. Really modernised the rooms that needed it.

I’ve loved learning the process. So far my favourite bit of kit was my ox flexi trowel, which died a strange death. The base separated from the top stem. Looks like a foam has swelled inside it! I did nothing to cause it, and it was 1 month out of warranty period…. So I will be avoiding Ox products going forward, mostly due to the customer services saying it just be something I did because they’ve never seen it before!

Anyway, thanks for having me. My next project is some external rendering, so I look forward to hopefully getting some tips.

Hi! Great to be here.

Been honing my DIY plastering skills on our first house. My background is in audio electronics & set building for live events. Always enjoyed getting hands on with stuff that’s within my ability to learn and do safely!

So far I’ve plastered the kitchen & hallway, overboarded and tape & jointed all my ceilings, and used the paper & metal corner tape with easi fill as none of them had angle bead. Really modernised the rooms that needed it.

I’ve loved learning the process. So far my favourite bit of kit was my ox flexi trowel, which died a strange death. The base separated from the top stem. Looks like a foam has swelled inside it! I did nothing to cause it, and it was 1 month out of warranty period…. So I will be avoiding Ox products going forward, mostly due to the customer services saying it just be something I did because they’ve never seen it before!

Anyway, thanks for having me. My next project is some external rendering, so I look forward to hopefully getting some tips.

Welcome

@ChrispyUK you have competition.
I feel like I’m missing the joke

On a separate note, as the majority of my work is live events related, during COVID I considered taking up a trade. First port of call was sparky as I already have decent related knowledge. Bought the 18th, on site guide etc. but work started to pick back up before I bought in to a part time course (also had a baby which somewhat poo poo’d 3 year pay cut).

Plastering was my other serious consideration as I’ve always felt a bit of an affinity toward it compared to other trades. Feels like there’s a real art to it, and although it’s not the last job of any project (where you get the satisfaction of walking away knowing the job is “complete”), there’s a certain feeling of finishing that last stroke of the trowel that has a real “oh yeah” moment.

I didn't mean CHD had competition you plum, you, you personally have competition from the next kid on the block.
Wishing you all the best with it mate.
Sorry Andrew and thank you for your kind regards.*
*competition, what competition, you plum