Help! which render over EWI onto EML

Members online

No members online now.

skud

Hello. Would very much appreciate any advice on which product(s) would be the most suitable for finishing the pictured project. In hindsight I have realised that the wrong insulation has been used (probably to save money) and it would have been better to have covered it with external cement board, and then used a thin coat render. But this is the current situation and am trying to resolve.
From my research, manufacturers/ and a couple of installers seem to think that a monocouche render may crack due to its rigidity down
IMG_3392.JPG
IMG_3391.JPG
the line, so will not offer any warranty. Wondered if anyone had any ideas, of what more flexible render could be applied to the mesh.
Many Thanks

Hello. Would very much appreciate any advice on which product(s) would be the most suitable for finishing the pictured project. In hindsight I have realised that the wrong insulation has been used (probably to save money) and it would have been better to have covered it with external cement board, and then used a thin coat render. But this is the current situation and am trying to resolve.
From my research, manufacturers/ and a couple of installers seem to think that a monocouche render may crack due to its rigidity down View attachment 19869 View attachment 19870 the line, so will not offer any warranty. Wondered if anyone had any ideas, of what more flexible render could be applied to the mesh.
Many Thanks
I would ring some render manufacturers and get a rep to give you a spec.
I've done an OCR pricking up coat over EML and topped it with mono and it's still on 6 years down the line.
I would have put a breathable membrane behind the rib lath as well.

At least the lath is on the right way.
I think I used a 6:1:1 mix last time I went over a timber frame with lath.

im getting alot of tenders with this spec latly.. no one will put warranties on this and i dont know why its being specced when there are number of goid systems out there. and cheaper than this method

From my research, manufacturers/ and a couple of installers seem to think that a monocouche render may crack due to its rigidity down View attachment 19869 View attachment 19870 the line, so will not offer any warranty. Wondered if anyone had any ideas, of what more flexible render could be applied to the mesh.
Many Thanks

i cant see any plaster holding to that ...it seems impossible.
theres no background.
let us know if you find anything (y)