Help with crazing !

JTaylor

Help needed !

I’m new to this trade.

I’ve skimmed over hardwall today and it’s crazed everywhere ! I used pva first as it was floated a few days ago but it’s still dried too quickly!

In future.... is it wise to keep a window open? I was always told to keep them closed, but it’s so hot I don’t know what’s best for the plaster

Secondly... now I’ve got a nice egg shell effect everywhere is it a case of wait for it to cool, pva and re skim ? Or do I need to do something else?..

Are there any tips to help prevent this in the future. Thanks.

As above suction is thing with hardwall you’ll never win with pva it simply doesn’t cut the custard, either skim same day is best or thistle gyprime it pure if next day or better still thistle bond it if it’s more than a day later you skim it , without being totally biased to thistle product , micro 3000 is just as good to use too
Tbf you should redo the crazed job you have done it’s only right to the customer, thistle bond it the lot leave 24 hours then skim it again happy days

Windows shut as draft won't help .

Dry hardwall thirsty as f**k. Soak it with water. Then pva couple
Of times until pva behaves normally

Skim

Load of crap what’s he supposed to do take hose pipe in there and pva 20 times not being argumentative but

He’s already said he did pva and f**k*d the job up

Help needed !

I’m new to this trade.

I’ve skimmed over hardwall today and it’s crazed everywhere ! I used pva first as it was floated a few days ago but it’s still dried too quickly!

In future.... is it wise to keep a window open? I was always told to keep them closed, but it’s so hot I don’t know what’s best for the plaster

Secondly... now I’ve got a nice egg shell effect everywhere is it a case of wait for it to cool, pva and re skim ? Or do I need to do something else?..

Are there any tips to help prevent this in the future. Thanks.

In this weather buddy your onto a loser.

Seriously though lol. Just water bottle n 2 pva should do

Can't see how else? Over board? Lol

Id just pva n skim quick but he's obviously struggling

1A808D01-CFAE-4877-BE36-206E8F350A38.gif

Seriously though lol. Just water bottle n 2 pva should do

Can't see how else? Over board? Lol

Id just pva n skim quick but he's obviously struggling

So it wouldn’t have craze once finished then ? And where in his post does he say it crazed mid skim ?Honestly this place is full of muppets lately

@gps you could write what you know about plastering and politics on the back of a stamp. You absolute novice .

Load the popcorn up @Cockney1 this is getting tasty when I finish this facking gauge

So just to confirm then In your opinion plaster doesn’t craze after the set has finished ?

Depends on heat and suction but usually shows as soon as gear turns

The debate we're having is how to deal with it and you don't seem to know

Look at the original post and show me where it says he struggled with suction during the set ?

He says it “dried” to quickly, and as we are all aware in this heat plaster is drying way to quick even on boardwork, let alone hardwall that’s been sat a few days.

Still would have crazed in this heat, to be clear the OP never said he struggled to skim it, he said it dried to quick.
Gonna disagree , I had similar scenario last week over old hardwall did the water and pva as I forgot to pick up gyprime, pva five times and it was f**k*d , kept windows close thinking heat but as soon as coated the whole lot with thistle bond it it was like skimming fresh plasterboard and doors and windows slightly open or open no problem, I’ve used left over micro 3000 before on a ceiling that pulled in fast after advice off here and tbh it was sweet , very similar those two
Pva is crap on hardwall

Gonna disagree , I had similar scenario last week over old hardwall did the water and pva as I forgot to pick up gyprime, pva five times and it was f**k*d , kept windows close thinking heat but as soon as coated the whole lot with thistle bond it it was like skimming fresh plasterboard and doors and windows slightly open or open no problem, I’ve used left over micro 3000 before on a ceiling that pulled in fast after advice off here and tbh it was sweet , very similar those two
Pva is crap on hardwall

He said it dried too quick, not that it set to quick lol. We have some wallies on here

Hardwall is s**t. U get it flat. And as it gos hard it moves a bit. I have had walls edged up with it perfect. Then skimmed them put edge back on the wall. And the wall is out. Drives me mad. Dont get it when skimming sand and cement. Or over board

It's thirsty as f**k but can't see why everyone struggles so bad. Did some of my own recently i floated the walls week before (long story, not my fault) I came back and thought it was painted it was white as f**k. Proper dry. Pva twice and skim, first went straight in, laid it straight down all good. was only a small wall tho 3 meter

In extreme conditions like now for instance what I do is flatten the hardwall , spray pva, soak the sponge in pva and sponge it . It’s a must when you do big areas. Skimming next day no problem.

In extreme conditions like now for instance what I do is flatten the hardwall , spray pva, soak the sponge in pva and sponge it . It’s a must when you do big areas. Skimming next day no problem.
I've heard of this before , using a sponge, ?? Why

It's thirsty as f**k but can't see why everyone struggles so bad. Did some of my own recently i floated the walls week before (long story, not my fault) I came back and thought it was painted it was white as f**k. Proper dry. Pva twice and skim, first went straight in, laid it straight down all good. was only a small wall tho 3 meter

Who is struggling ? This thread was about it drying to quick, absolutely no where did the OP say it was setting to quick. As you were ;)