Hi all!

Todfazer

Evening all, just found this forum & it seems quite active? Anyway, I have a question..........
Extension wall is constructed of a painted external render onto dense concrete block with 50mm rockwool then thermal blocks with what appears to be an internal render, then skimmed. The main issue is of mould from condensation (no heating!). Following installation of new patio doors to a long wall, the old door & window removed & filled in by concrete outer with celotex batts and thermal blocks. Outside re-rendered so not an issue but what is the best way of dealing with the internal walls to stop condensation? Client is planning on installing a radiator once walls done. I was thinking of battening the 2 external (cold) walls then using something like Thermaline and a skim finish. Would this work to stop the condensation or will I have to get the Kanga out & strip the old internal render off? BTW the render is in good knick and around 12mm thick before the skim!

If they’ve had new doors with new seals etc and they’ll now be heating the room then maybe the problem will disappear.

Failing that using thermal boards may be a shout.

Welcome! I like your username it makes me think of..