Homebase!!! Made my day..

Members online

Daniel Turk

Hi all, right so I know there's a post made prior to this one regarding deal and closing down prices from homebase because there now Bunnings and that....... so I took the post up on its word went down there and saw they got MT Hawks for £10 ea MT preworn 14" gold handle trowel £20!!! I even bought myself a pair of £3 300mm snips, a 5pc with mandrel hole saw set for the sake of it because it was a quid!!! There's loads of stock being sold cheap down there. Bearing in mind some of there stuff is still expensive they wanted £76 for a mt permashape 13" !!!!! f**k**g hell!

So get down there and check it all out guys!

But more importantly to get to my point after questing the guy at the till about the £75 trowel I saw on his system they had £10 mt hawks, he shouting across to someone who pointed where they were to me well I couldn't see any so I asked the bloke to come back and show me , even told him I was plasterer and I couldn't see a hawk bla bla... he walks up to the product to only pick up a PLASTIC BIRD HAWK!!!... look I don't know if that's a funny as it was to me over text but that was good that made my day that. I ripped the f**k*r about it hard while he walked me to the actual mt hawks!!! :risas2::tonto::cachetada:

Hi all, right so I know there's a post made prior to this one regarding deal and closing down prices from homebase because there now Bunnings and that....... so I took the post up on its word went down there and saw they got MT Hawks for £10 ea MT preworn 14" gold handle trowel £20!!! I even bought myself a pair of £3 300mm snips, a 5pc with mandrel hole saw set for the sake of it because it was a quid!!! There's loads of stock being sold cheap down there. Bearing in mind some of there stuff is still expensive they wanted £76 for a mt permashape 13" !!!!! f**k**g hell!

So get down there and check it all out guys!

But more importantly to get to my point after questing the guy at the till about the £75 trowel I saw on his system they had £10 mt hawks, he shouting across to someone who pointed where they were to me well I couldn't see any so I asked the bloke to come back and show me , even told him I was plasterer and I couldn't see a hawk bla bla... he walks up to the product to only pick up a PLASTIC BIRD HAWK!!!... look I don't know if that's a funny as it was to me over text but that was good that made my day that. I ripped the f**k*r about it hard while he walked me to the actual mt hawks!!! :risas2::tonto::cachetada:

£76 for the worst trowel ever invented.
no wonder there shutting shop !!

£76 for the worst trowel ever invented.
no wonder there shutting shop !!

im not sure permashape is a trowel daniel....there bent and made to bend.
there useless.
i work on my own all day i often talk to myself sometimes i hear voices ...its the permashape asking to join in ....."no f**k off" i tell it.
"you had your chance you blew it"
ive learned to ignore the plastic trowels they get angry.

there useless.
i work on my own all day i often talk to myself sometimes i hear voices ...its the permashape asking to join in ....."no f**k off" i tell it.
I think it was the dearest trowel I ever bought and never liked it,too much of a bend on it and had tennis elbow using it.Much prefer the xtralites.

there useless.
I've used Permashape's for years, my favourite trowels by a mile.

Thought they were dishing out blowjobs by thread title!! Homebase made my day!!!
Not spunking over tools ffs I'm glad to see back of my tools at end of the day!!
I wake every morning in hope of van been done over! Even leave it open for the thieving f**k*r:bananahappy: they must think it's a trap !!! Take um so I can f**k it off and get a job in b&q till I keel over and die:ROFLMAO:

cracking trowel for floating.. plaster sits on trowel niceley...i never liked them for skimming though...doesnt seem flat enough.(y)
To me they're exactly how I used to get a trowel worn in on S&C before only being used for skimming.

To me they're exactly how I used to get a trowel worn in on S&C before only being used for skimming.

blade for me is too warped.
2nd trowel is mt xtra light.
quality for skimming (y)

Attachments

• 20180112_095330.jpg
    20180112_095330.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 544
  • 20180112_095344.jpg
    20180112_095344.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 506
blade for me is too warped.
2nd trowel is mt xtra light.
quality for skimming (y)
It could be that because I have never used a Permashape over 12in that I don't find them too curved?
I used to use the Xtralites myself, but moved to the Permashape's when the S&C work dried up.
To be honest the Xtralite's, Ragni's and Tyzak's all ended up more curved over time than the Permashape's are, and stay.
As with many things in life, we're all different and as long as we turn out decent work does it really matter what we use?

Remember being in bunnings in Oz, had some great deals from memory or might have just been the better exchange rate back then ;)

Be good to see if they turn round the expensive Homebase and get some better stock levels in! Sounds like they have

Remember being in bunnings in Oz, had some great deals from memory or might have just been the better exchange rate back then ;)

Be good to see if they turn round the expensive Homebase and get some better stock levels in! Sounds like they have

Out of curiosity I went into homebase in Biggleswade yesterday, it was like a junk shop, isles of dirty great plastic containers for sale, total dogsh it

Wickes? With my reputation?! :eek:

I couldn't allow my van to be seen in a Wickes car park next to all the hatchbacks and rusty overloaded vans piloted by our tinted brethren no matter how cheap their gear is. :LOL:

IF anyone else’s fences have blown down in the last few days then head to Homebase! Postmix for £4 a bag is a bargain, my local selco is £6 a bag in comparison. Just don’t buy your plaster in Homebase