Hot knife?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
I'm fitting 150mm Celotex at the moment and cutting it quickly and square is a pain in the arse, do you guys use hot knives for cutting Celotex and if so which ones?

Yeah Maan me use hot knives all da time rastaman.gif

I use a fine tooth saw Andy and take my time which works out quite quick if you get my drift

bench saw all the time especially for loads of cuts... did a few high rises in laandon insulating the outside floor slabs cut straight as a die... all the time... and as i know what im talking about i alwas insist on a bench saw on side for all big jobs

I use a hot knife, got it from the states, you will struggle to find one over here and if you do it will prob be from a render manufacturer who import it and double the price of the states

I find a saw cutting of the edge of a timber block as a jig/guide keeps the cut tidy and square.

I take it the problem you having is keeping the cut edge true and square rather than tapering off?

I use a hot knife, got it from the states, you will struggle to find one over here and if you do it will prob be from a render manufacturer who import it and double the price of the states

I find a saw cutting of the edge of a timber block as a jig/guide keeps the cut tidy and square.

I take it the problem you having is keeping the cut edge true and square rather than tapering off?

Yeah that's the problem mate, we've been friction fitting 150mm celotex between rafters and even a little wander can be a pain in the arse. I'll give the timber block a go as that sounds like a goer. Cheers.

yeah just get a ceiling joist and cut it down to 600mm or so enough to cover the board and use it like a straight edge or ruler to cut off

Status
Not open for further replies.